Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie discussion

Night Shadows (Martelli NYPD, #4)
This topic is about Night Shadows
Shout It Out! Self- Promotions > Another audiobook released...

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Theodore (last edited Aug 15, 2018 03:02PM) (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1430 comments

The audiobook for my fourth Detective Louis Martelli, NYPD, mystery/thriller, Night Shadows, was just released:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GC6ZDW1

2015 Pacific Book Review Annual Competition Winner: Best Thriller
2014 Readers' Favorite Book Award Winner, Fiction/Mystery/General: Bronze

When a wealthy Wall Street commodity futures trader is found dead in his townhouse of an apparent drug overdose, Deputy Coroner Michael Antonetti, NYPD, is suspicious. Antonetti tells Detective Louis Martelli he suspects what appears to be a suicide may in fact be murder.

After a similar case is discovered involving a former friend of the Wall Street trader who played on the same high school football team almost 20 years earlier, Martelli is convinced he is dealing with someone bent on revenge. But the two teammates who ostensibly committed suicide were part of an elite three-man squad known as The Flying Horsemen. This convinces Martelli there will be a third victim. But who might it be, and could the killings have anything to do with the rape and suicide of some of the men's former high school classmates?

Free with your Audible trial.

You can listen to the first chapter on the audiobook’s Amazon.com webpage.

message 2: by Carole (new)

Carole P. Roman | 4635 comments Mod
Good luck, Ted. Great series.

message 3: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1430 comments Carole wrote: "Good luck, Ted. Great series."

Thanks! It's been crazy...three audiobooks released in the last two days. This is the future.

Two more in production now, both novels.

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) (sammydogs) | 970 comments Congratulations, Ted. best of luck! Hugs!

message 5: by Carmel (new)

Carmel Hanes | 463 comments Wishing you a most fruitful outcome, Ted!

message 6: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1430 comments Thanks, Sam and Carmel. Much appreciated.

message 7: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1430 comments Just a short note to announce that Rufus Finds a Home, the second book in the series Stories for the Early Years, now is available in audiobook format on Amazon.com’s Audible platform. It can be found here.
https://www.audible.com/pd/B07GRKS1Q7...

This illustrated childrens book in verse joins book 1, the English, French, and Spanish editions of Pepe Builds a Nest, the Audible editions of which can be found, respectively, at the following URLs:
https://www.audible.com/pd/B07GFSWNK1...

https://www.audible.com/pd/B07G7H6CNM...

https://www.audible.com/pd/B07GBHR787...

The Audible edition of Book 3, Fuzzy Wuzzy, should be available within the next few days.

message 8: by Carole (new)

Great!

message 9: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1430 comments Carole wrote: "Great!"

Thanks. Amazon is terrific...within an hour, the audiobook's Webpage had been merged with the pages for the Kindle and paperback editions, and the reviews were uploaded to the Audible page. Didn't even have to request this to be done.

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) (sammydogs) | 970 comments Wonderful, Theodore! Congratulations! Hugs!

message 11: by Theodore (last edited Aug 24, 2018 02:16PM) (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1430 comments Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) wrote: "Wonderful, Theodore! Congratulations! Hugs!"

Thanks, Sam. Jim did a terrific job of reading the book. It should take a week or two to become Whispersync-certified.

BTW, by going Audible-exclusive with the royalty-sharing option, this cost me absolutely nothing to produce. I now have four Martelli novels and four childrens books on Audible with two more books in production, including Book 1 of my Antarctic Murders Trilogy...all without laying out one cent.

message 12: by Carole (new)

They make a great return. I am audible all the way!!

message 13: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1430 comments Carole wrote: "They make a great return. I am audible all the way!!"

You bet...the future!!!

message 14: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 1028 comments I must get onto this. However, having been rejected by a promotion company recently, I’m worried that I’ll be rejected by Audible too. Do they reject authors? Because if they do you can bet they won’t want me.

message 15: by Theodore (last edited Aug 24, 2018 03:25PM) (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1430 comments D.J. wrote: "I must get onto this. However, having been rejected by a promotion company recently, I’m worried that I’ll be rejected by Audible too. Do they reject authors? Because if they do you can bet they wo..."

Why would they reject you (unless the content is outside their accepted genres)? Get over to AVX, select and post one of your books, state your terms (what type of reader do you want? and so forth), and put it out there for auditions on a 50-50 royalty split basis. Listen to the samples of those who respond, check out their credentials, set the terms (when you want the work accomplished by), and go for it.

I have two readers I can recommend, though both are busy at the present time...one, in addition to working in English, also works in French and Spanish. If you PM me, I will give you their direct e-mail addresses. That way, you can arrange with them to "catch" your calls for auditions. (;>) You can hear them both by listening to the various samples on my Pepe Builds a Nest book cited above.

If they are not the "voices" for you, there are a ton of other producers available on ACX.

Alternatively, PM me and I will give you the e-mail address of the woman who is producing my mystery/thrillers, my trilogy, and my fictionalized autobiography.

message 16: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 1028 comments That sounds better than I was expecting. I’ll look into it. Thanks Ted. I try every new thing expecting to be slapped down based on my history of trying new things and being slapped down lol.

message 17: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1430 comments Wow…when it rains it pours!!!

The audiobook edition of Fuzzy Wuzzy, the third book in the illustrated storybook series in verse, Stories for the Early Years, now is available in audiobook format on Amazon.com’s Audible platform. It can be found here.

https://www.audible.com/pd/Fuzzy-Wuzz...

Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie

unread topics | mark unread