Blogging For Books discussion

Possible Readalong Ideas

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

ashortbooklover | 7 comments Mod
So, I just wondered what books people would want to read as a group, or just use this space to discuss books, if you like? I've never created a group like this before, but a smaller group seems to be more manageable than the slight chaos (it's lovely but chaotic) of the Twitter group chat.

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy Edmonds | 7 comments I’d love to do a read along 😊 I love anything YA or friction or psychological thriller 📚📚

I love all those genres as well. Any particular books anyone wants to get off their TBR?

message 4: by Jenni (new)

Jenni  (glutenandme) | 1 comments I love YA too - I want to read the A Court of Thorns and Roses series, as well as Harry Potter, but in all honesty, I'm open to ideas! I just need a bit of notice as I order my books from the library!

Kait | sixcrowsbooks (sixcrowsbooks) Almost anything outside of mystery/crime is alright with me! I'm open to YA, too. I noticed there was some interest in the A Darker Shade of Magic series in the Twitter chat, but I forgot who was talking about it, lol. Maybe try that? I'm also open to re-reading Harry Potter!

Same here Jenni and I've never read the A Darker Shade of Magic series, so that would be interesting.

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy Edmonds | 7 comments That would be cool! Ive been wanting to read turtles all the way down for ages ... have any of you read it?

I've read it and think it's one of his best. The mental health representation was quite accurate for me as well, although the MC is yet another manic pixie dream girl.

message 9: by Amy (new)

Amy Edmonds | 7 comments Oooh I’m gonna gave to read it 🎉 glad I know someone that likes it 📚

Kait | sixcrowsbooks (sixcrowsbooks) Okay! Whatever y'all wanna do; I'm not extremely picky.

I don't read John Green simply because he overuses the manic pixie dream girl trope, but I heard Turtles All the Way Down was pretty good. If you end up reading it, Amy, I hope you enjoy it!

message 11: by Amy (new)

Amy Edmonds | 7 comments Thank you! It’s on my TBR list ... I’ll let you know what I think 😆 any new YA books that people haven’t read yet?

message 12: by Amy (new)

Amy Edmonds | 7 comments Oooh and have you heard of murder trending ... that also looks really good 📚

message 13: by Thingsinherhead (new)

Thingsinherhead (ayamazing) | 1 comments Is there a poll in goodreads?? so that we could choose what book to read on our first read along?

message 14: by ashortbooklover (new)

I will create a poll on here, just wanted to double-check what the options were first. I've heard of Murder Trending and really want to read it, but I don't know whether you can get it in the UK yet?

message 15: by Amy (new)

Amy Edmonds | 7 comments Ooh that’s a really good idea! 😊I think it’s only out in hardback but there are some used copies on amazon which are a bit cheaper 👌🏼📚

message 16: by ashortbooklover (new)

That's always good to hear!

Essentially, our options are the monthly Harry Potter thing, A Darker Shade of Magic series and someone mentioned A Court of Thorns and Roses?

Kait | sixcrowsbooks (sixcrowsbooks) I mean, the Harry Potter readalong includes the whole group. Do we want to do it, and just have a smaller discussion on here? Or do we want to do Harry Potter along with another book?

Personally, I would be fine with doing both, but I know that others may not have the time for that.

And yeah, it looks like our choices are A Darker Shade of Magic and A Court of Thorns and Roses. Oh, and possibly Turtles All the Way Down, as well.

message 18: by Amy (new)

Amy Edmonds | 7 comments I’m up for anything but Harry Potter 📚

message 19: by ashortbooklover (new)

Could we possibly do a separate and smaller one on here? It's quite nice, with a smaller and quieter group.