Seasons of Reading Readathons discussion

Update (High Summer) and I need your input

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Stockard Miller (michelleamiller) | 415 comments Mod
I posted this in the Facebook group, but I thought I would also share here. Thanks in advance for any input.

I am dreadfully behind on everything. I blame back to school and my son's preseason football fundraiser. I still have to visit wrap-ups (those I haven't already on social media) and draw the giveaway winners. I apologize...and thank you for bearing with me.

Now, a bit of business. I mentioned the fall event I'm trying to cook up, an all encompassing event (Sept - Oct) that will include the FrightFall Readathon (plus, some additional readathon goodness 😎 ) and scary fun at my horror blog, Castle Macabre. However, I need a name and that's where you come in. I need your opinion. Instead of a poll, I'll list my ideas and you weigh-in in the comments. This will help me make an informed decision. Feel free to suggest something too, if you can think of a variation or something else.

1) Fall Castle of Screams
2) Fall Castle of Fright
3) Fall Castle of Terror
4) A Haunting at Castle Macabre (or A Gothic Haunting at Castle Macabre)
5) Castle Macabre's Festival of Fright
6) Castle Macabre's Festival of Terror
7) Castle Macabre's Festival of Gothic Terror
8) Something Wicked This Fall Comes
9) Gothic Fall Fright at Castle Macabre

message 2: by Renee (new)

Renee Smith (rbirdy89) | 20 comments sounds great :)

message 3: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 437 comments I like Castle Macabre's Festival of Terror!

message 4: by Alleluialu (new)

Alleluialu | 2 comments I like Castle Macabre’s Festival of Fright.

message 5: by Paulina (new)

Paulina (bitesofbooks) I like the alliteration of Castle Macabre's Festival of Fright :)

message 6: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett 3) Fall Castle of Terror

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michker) | 6 comments I like 9 it gets everything in the name

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Stockard Miller (michelleamiller) | 415 comments Mod
Michelle wrote: "I like 9 it gets everything in the name"

Thanks for your input. This was from last fall and we ended up going with Something Wicked This Fall Comes because we also did a read-along of Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes. This fall, I'm shortening the event name to "Something Wicked Fall" as it's going to be a yearly event at my horror blog. :-)