Play Book Tag discussion

The Time in Between
This topic is about The Time in Between
August 2018: Espionage > The Time in Between by María Dueñas - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Magdalena | 414 comments Going from Spain to Morocco then back to Spain then to Portugal and finally returning to Spain this could have easily gotten confusing and overwhelming but it's so well written that it never is. Divided into four parts it flows perfectly from one place and time to the next.

Sira Quiroga starts off as a humble dressmaker in Madrid, working alongside her mother. But when Sira meets con man Ramiro she makes a few bad decisions and soon finds herself alone in Morocco in debt and unable to return.

She stays at a boarding house and befriends Candelaria who becomes somewhat of a second mother to her and helps her to reinvent herself and open a fashion house to pay off her debts.

At around this part is probably when the espionage starts. Approached by the British Secret Service Sira is persuaded to become a spy, passing information through Morse code on dress patterns and sketches.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

You're the second now to give this a good review. It sounds like a really good book. You know a book is well written when the reader doesn't get confused with the changes that occur. I have read more than one this year where there is so much back and forth that I have to keep going back to remember whats going on.

Magdalena | 414 comments It was a wonderful book and as I said not in the least confusing. I think you would like it.

Hayjay315 | 251 comments I am thoroughly intrigued by this book! Added to my TBR!