CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2018 Weekly Threads > Week 33 - Fancast

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (morwesong) | 56 comments I remember in the early days of social media, I spent a lot of time on LiveJournal. I used it to journal my daily life, but I also got heavily involved in the 'fandoms' of books, television, and films that I loved.

One thing that was always big was fancasting. Usually before a book-to-film's actors were announced (or after they were announced and fans were disappointed), people would create their ideal casts.

What is your fancast? Is there an actor that you can just envision in the role of your favorite book? Is there an actor that you feel was perfectly suited - or completely wrong - for the role in which they were cast?

I am always torn with the Harry Potter adults. While I love most of the actors who played the adults, I felt like they were far too old for what canon stated. James and Lily were twenty-one when Harry was born, so Snape, Lupin, Sirius, etc. should have been in their thirties. As much as I love Alan Rickman, he was definitely not a thirty-something when those films came out. Although I know J.K. Rowling was insistent on an all-British cast, I always imagined Trent Reznor as Snape.

So, tell me about your dream fancast!

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling

message 2: by Jodie (new)

Jodie Reha I didn't like the casting of Matt Damon as Jason Bourne. In my head, when I read the initial two Bourne books, Bourne was older and less "pretty" (more beat-up looking). Off the top of my head, I don't have an actor I would have preferred.

And as good as the late Michael Clark Duncan was in The Green Mile (and now can't think of anyone else in that role), I thought Forrest Whitaker would have been good as John Coffey.