Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > can you combine?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2409 comments Combine is broken for me again, at least for this book/author.

A Girl Made of Dust by Nathalie Abi-Ezzi ?

I've attempted to combine the editions of this book and cannot. Have tried numerous times and no matter how long I wait or what I do, the processing won't stop and the editions don't combine.

Am I missing something that's off? Or, is combine broken again?

Thanks if you can combine these.

message 2: by Paula (last edited Aug 17, 2009 01:07PM) (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments Just trying - Its been hit and miss for me tonight, have managed some

Edit: Its just a miss (just looping)

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42434 comments Mod
Either it's fixed or I got lucky. ;)

message 4: by Melody (new)

Melody (runningtune) | 13258 comments While it may look like it is not combining - I've found that if I click the back button while it is refreshing I am pleasantly surprised to find the editions have indeed combined.

message 5: by Lisa (last edited Aug 17, 2009 01:22PM) (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2409 comments Melody, In this case, that was not the case for me. Edit: Although in many cases it's worked like that.

Thanks Rivka!

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42434 comments Mod
I just ran a test separate-and-combine, and it seems to be happily functional. :)

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2409 comments Hmm. I hope I don't have a problem. So busy doing other stuff but today I'll try another and see. Thanks.

message 8: by Cecile (new)

Cecile | 67 comments It didn't work for some time for me too, but whatever was the problem seems to be fixed now, because I just combined a few books for an author and it worked fine.

message 9: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (seeford) | 579 comments I just experienced the same thing, on several different books, within the last hour.
Have given up combining for the moment, hopefully I'll find and combine them later when it's fixed.

JG (Introverted Reader) | 475 comments Can anyone get into Jane Austen's combine page? I keep getting an unexpected error.

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2409 comments JG, Same here, whether I go from the author profile page or one of her book pages.

JG (Introverted Reader) | 475 comments Thanks, Lisa. I guess I'll go report it in the Feedback group.