Connecting Readers and Writers discussion

Writer's Station > Re-launch

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roger (new)

Roger Cave | 24 comments Hi all

I have a new book out in pre-order, with a release date of the 16th August.

Alec Fincham begins an investigation into the deaths of a number of soldiers who were part of a military patrol in Afghanistan. However, his handler is contacted by the Russians who believe they know why the soldiers were killed, but they also want Fincham's help.

Can he trust them, and even if he can, what do they want from him?

Accelerated Dragon (Alec Fincham #14) by Roger Cave

Accelerated Dragon

message 2: by Roger (new)

Roger Cave | 24 comments If you want to know why Fincham is so reluctant to return to Russia in book #14, then why not try book #13 while it's on offer over the weekend.

Red Queen is currently available in the UK for 99p.

message 3: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 100 comments Happy Sunday!
Tomorrow we all go back to work on a dreaded Monday. I could not wait any longer and decided to share early. You can now get Call for Help (Beneath the Scars 2) early! It is available in paperback and all kindle users. All other ebook copies will be available later this week, I couldn't change those dates. Check it out, or maybe share this post? I hope that you enjoy this book, because I had a lot of fun writing it!

Call for Help (Beneath the Scars, #2) by Ottilie Weber
Call for Help
Jack Corrente was once part of the same unit as Riley Nolan. Now after serving Jack is back in his hometown. On the outside he looks like his regular self. He is working at the same mechanic shop he worked at in high school, he goes out with his friends, and helps his mom around her house. On the inside though he is constantly battling the shadows from his past.One night, his high school sweetheart, Faye Harper, accidentally calls him. His mind becomes swampy with memories of Faye and of his tours. Faye was ready to escape the small town as soon as she received her NYU acceptance letter. She is now states away in New York City. She has a job that she likes and a fast pace life. However, ever since that phone call she wonders if she took her current path for the right reasons.
Paperback: https://www.amazon.com/dp/172154853X/...

Kindle:https://www.amazon.com/Call-Help-Bene...

BN: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/call...

Goodreads: Call for Help

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 35 comments So these two books need to be read in order?

message 5: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 100 comments Not necessary, mostly about two different people. The person from book one does show up at some point, but there is enough background information in the second book where you would be fine to read out of order. :)

message 6: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 100 comments I finished the Beneath the Scars trilogy and all three are available today. The first two are actually discounted if you are searching for an ebook

Define a Hero (Beneath the Scars, #3) by Ottilie Weber
A few years ago Riley Nolan saved a young man when his foot got stuck on the hood of a truck. Saving Lucas’ life had forever changed Riley's. On another tour, Lucas, lost his leg and he was discharged. While living with his parents he watches his niece and nephew after school. Thanks to his nephew, Lucas starts to befriend his nephew's teacher. As they get closer Lucas begins to notice that Sonja is in serious trouble. Every time they spend time together, Sonja gets more confused, and further in danger.

Call for Help (Beneath the Scars, #2) by Ottilie Weber
Jack Corrente was once part of the same unit as Riley Nolan. Now after serving Jack is back in his hometown. On the outside he is working at the same mechanic shop he worked at in high school, he went out with his friends, and helped his mom around the house. On the inside though he is battling the shadows from the past.

One night though his high school sweetheart, Faye Harper, accidentally calls him. His mind becomes swampier with all the other memories. Faye was ready to escape the small town as soon as she saw her chance. She is states away in New York City. She has a job she likes and a fast pace life. However, ever since that phone call she wonders if she made the right decisions in her life.

Beneath the Scars by Ottilie Weber
Corporal Riley Nolan is back home and out of the hospital after sustaining severe injuries in a skirmish overseas. His physical injuries may be healed, though he is left with horrible scars all over his body. His mind is still healing, and he has almost no contact with the world outside his small dark apartment.

After the death of her parents and being forced to sell their house and move into an apartment in a new town, Eponine is left picking up the pieces while trying to maintain a normal life for her little sister, Genevieve.

Can these new neighbors help each other heal, finding the light and laughter in the world again? Most importantly, can Eponine help Riley see he's not the monster he believes himself to be beneath the scars?

message 7: by Kathy (last edited Feb 10, 2019 02:28PM) (new)

Kathy Golden | 35 comments Ottilie wrote: "Not necessary, mostly about two different people. The person from book one does show up at some point, but there is enough background information in the second book where you would be fine to read ..."

Thanks. So I was wondering why one of your books is in Kindle Unlimited and the other one is not.

Is this third book complete? The blurb reads like the story is to be continued.

message 8: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 100 comments I'll have to look to see, I was noticing that myself this morning and was curious on what was going on. The third is complete and wraps up the trilogy. :)

message 9: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 100 comments Kathy wrote: "Ottilie wrote: "Not necessary, mostly about two different people. The person from book one does show up at some point, but there is enough background information in the second book where you would ..."

Hi Kathy! Amazon got back to me. I think it's just three stories that aren't kindle unlimited. I am currently uploading new verisons of those three. I'm hoping that'll fix it. Please check in a couple of days! I'm so sorry!

message 10: by Roger (new)

Roger Cave | 24 comments The first book in the Alec Fincham Series.
The Americans want out of Iraq; to withdraw all their troops and return home. However, for some of the neighboring countries, this leaves an unstable and unchecked regime in close proximity - How do you get the American War Machine to stay put, and possibly deal with your other enemies in the process?
And here's the new cover for The Barcza Gambit.
Keep an eye out for all the new covers in the coming days!

The names behind the Alec Fincham novels are all related to chess. They will be in relation to plays, moves, pieces, etc.
The pieces/plays form part of the story, and as a re-launch, all the books will have new covers, which more accurately represent the stories told within.
All the books follow the operations of Commander Alec Fincham. He works for MI6, sometimes alone, sometimes as part of a team from the Special Boat Service - All of the books are action filled military, or espionage, based thrillers.

The Barcza Gambit (Alec Fincham, #1) by Roger Cave

message 11: by Carol (new)

Carol Horne | 3 comments My novel Alchemy of Kindliness, published by Herbary Books on March 1st is due to be relaunched this autumn due to the closures and lockdown shortly after its release. This was very disappointing since50% of my royalties are going to 2 mental health charities to raise awareness... pretty apposite given the rise in depression and mental illness the past few months.
It is available from Amazon however, either paperback or Kindle version...
Thanks

message 12: by Roger (new)

Roger Cave | 24 comments Sicilian Defence

Book 2 in the series.

The Italian Mafia in Sicily will smuggle anyone into Europe for a price. What happens if the people smuggled in are terrorists, and what would their target be?

Keep an eye out for all the new covers in the coming days!

Sicilian Defence (Alec Fincham #2) by Roger Cave

message 13: by Roger (new)

Roger Cave | 24 comments Now to books 3 nd 4 - both have new covers.

White King: The Alec Fincham Novels #3

Fincham and the team are sent to South America to deal with a drug smuggling operation run by a man known as the White King, but nothing is ever as easy as it seems.

Zugzwang: The Alec Fincham Novels #4

A player is said to be "in zugzwang" when any possible move will worsen their position.

The most unstable dam in the word is in Mosul, Norther Iraq. Built on soluble gypsum, it's constantly being undermined by the water it holds back.
What if, for an act of revenge, a British national targets the dam, and the 500,000 down stream?
Fincham and the team have to find a way to stop them, but it's going to be a perilous journey all along the way.

White King The Alec Fincham Novels #3 by Roger Cave Zugzwang The Alec Fincham Novels #4 by Roger Cave

message 14: by Roger (new)

Roger Cave | 24 comments Book 5 and another new cover.

Octopus Knight

Chernobyl was once one of the world’s most toxic environments, leaking its lethal radiation across Europe. Now a new poison emanates from the region in the form of one man, Phoenix Dante. Octopus Knight sees Commander Alec Fincham of the British Special Boat Service take on one of the world’s biggest illegal arms and drug dealers. If he fails, a batch of lethal surface to air missiles will fall into the hands of terrorists. His life, and those of his family, are on the line. Failure is not an option.

Octopus Knight The Alec Fincham Novels #5 by Roger Cave

message 15: by Roger (new)

Roger Cave | 24 comments Update to Book 6s cover.

Medusa Defence (Alec Fincham #6) by Roger Cave
Medusa Defence

Alec Fincham becomes involved in a dangerous game of cat and mouse as he tries to recover data stolen from the Ministry of Defence. The mission takes him across the world to the rain forests of Northern Australia, where he has to protect the world famous model, Medusa. Facing overwhelming odds, will his training be enough?

message 16: by Roger (new)

Roger Cave | 24 comments Down to books 7 and 8 with the new covers:

Deep Blue
Deep Blue (The Alec Fincham Novels #7) by Roger Cave
Max Jensen, a South African diamond miner, makes an incredible find, but his find will only lead him into trouble. Alec Fincham and his elite team from the Special Boat Service are tasked with the unenviable task of taking on the pirates of Somalia and their moneymen. They must rely on stealth, tactics, technology, and most of all their wits, to overcome the odds.

Grand Prix Variation
Grand Prix Variation (The Alec Fincham Novels #8) by Roger Cave
Mark Chambers, a wealthy industrialist and owner of the Tiger Tech Formula 1 Grand Prix Team, has become the target of a terrorist group based in the Hindu Kush. Chambers must withdraw new technologies he is supplying to the British Armed Forces in Afghanistan, or face the consequences. M.I.6. call on the services of Alec Fincham to neutralise the threat. Can he stop the terrorist cell from striking? Can he protect the race team as they prepare for the final race of the season? Follow Fincham as he places his life on the line, once more, at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.