Shut Up & Read discussion

Emergence (Voodoo Butterfly, #2)
This topic is about Emergence
Past-Read It & Reap Books > {Read It & Reap 920} Emergence by Camille Faye

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tana (last edited Aug 15, 2018 06:06PM) (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 3466 comments Mod
What is Read It & Reap?
Our Read It & Reap program is designed with authors in mind. Our goal is to help indie and self-published authors promote their books. If you are signing up to review Please Remember you have 3 weeks to read and review and post the links to your review on this page! For more information about RI&R and our Rules & Requirements click here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Title: Emergence
Author: Camille Faye
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Formats Available:
Page # 290
Review Due Date: September 2, 2018

Book Description:

Voodoo shop owner Sophie Nouveau has it all: love, purpose, and the magical ability to change evil people good. Following in her family’s otherworldly footsteps, she emerges into the New Orleans voodoo community by taking part in a public voodoo baptism. However, she still hasn’t told Taj, the love of her life, about the paranormal skeletons in her closet. So when he leaves the country indefinitely and without explanation, she realizes they are both masters at keeping secrets. And since true love is the source of Sophie’s Mind Changer spell, she not only loses her soul mate, she loses her ability to protect herself and her city against an emerging threat.

Hordes of dead blackbirds fall from the sky. A diabolical fog attacks Poppy, Sophie’s best friend. And a shape-shifting bloodsucker preys on children in the bayous. Sophie must figure out who or what is at the root of this bad mojo. With her own magic on the fritz, though, Sophie cannot go it alone. Along the way she gets help from Jacques, who isn’t the diabolical murderer she thought he was, and a secret voodoo council. Can she learn to love again, regain her power in time, and save New Orleans from a monster?

Be one of the first 5 people to sign up below in order to receive a copy of this ebook to Read and Review!

Formats available: Pdf

All reviews should be completed and posted within 3 weeks .

It would be appreciated if you could post your reviews on Goodreads and Amazon.

Review Due Date: September 2, 2018

Leave us your name and email address.

Reviewers

1. Jessica - jpresgraves@ferrum.edu
2. Sara - principessa.sara.84@gmail.com
3. Book - waldorfforu@gmail.com

message 2: by Jesse (new)

Jesse Presgraves (jesse_presgraves) | 53 comments Sounds fantastic. I would love to read it. My name is Jesse and my email is jpresgraves@ferrum.edu

message 3: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara (principessa_sara) | 34 comments I'd like to read&review please.
Sara
principessa.sara.84@gmail.com

message 4: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara (principessa_sara) | 34 comments I see this is book 2 in a series. Is it necessary to read/have read book 1 first?

message 5: by Tana (last edited Aug 13, 2018 05:10AM) (new)

sent Jessica and Sara an email.

The author has sent me book 1, so I have sent you both a copy.

Enjoy!

Shalini | Book Rambler (book_rambler) I would like to read and review.

waldorfforu@gmail.com

message 7: by Tana (new)

sent Book an email

message 8: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara (principessa_sara) | 34 comments Sorry, but I guess I'll need more time if it's ok? I dobut I'll be able to finish both books on time.
Oh, by the way, thank you for both books!

message 9: by Tana (new)

that's fine Sara, I know you had two books instead of one, so no problem with an extension.

message 10: by Jesse (new)

Jesse Presgraves (jesse_presgraves) | 53 comments Thank you very much for both books, they were both pretty wonderful stories! I managed to just get them both read in time, due to having some short days at work. This should be the link to my review of Emergence.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...