What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The 10th Victim
This topic is about The 10th Victim
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Science fiction read between 2008 and 2010 about a soldier in war who was resurrected every time he died. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ellix18 | 22 comments Good morning! I'm looking for a book of which I only read a small passage when I attended the high school, between 2008 and 2010. It was the story of a soldier in war, who was resurrected every time he died. The piece ended with the soldier who woke up and reluctantly returned to fight, hoping sooner or later to die permanently. I found the piece in my book of literature, so I do not know exactly in which year the book I was looking for was published.

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4326 comments Could it have been short story? If the Red Slayer by Robert Sheckley has been suggested on similar sounding scifi.stackexchange.com question

message 3: by L J (new)

L J It doesn't exactly fit but it is likely to be in literature book: The Immortal by Jorge Luis Borges.
If it weren't in a literature book I'd suggest looking at books in the Casca series by Sadler.

Ellix18 | 22 comments Thank you Ayshe and LJ for your help!
Tomorrow I will check the title you suggested me

Ellix18 | 22 comments Good morning guys!!! I checked the title you suggested me and I think that the book I was looking for is the short story "If the Red Slayer", by Robert Scheckley. Can you tell me if it was also published in Italian and with what title? I am Italian and I read the piece in my Italian literature book. In any case, thank you very much! :)

message 6: by L J (new)

L J Ellix18 wrote: "Good morning guys!!! I checked the title you suggested me and I think that the book I was looking for is the short story "If the Red Slayer", by Robert Scheckley. Can you tell me if it was also pub..."

Did search for Se il Cacciatore Rosso. I don't have much Italian but it looks like it appeared in at least one anthology in Italian. You might check to see if Amazon there has kindle edition. US Amazon show it for kindle in English.

Ellix18 | 22 comments I found it!!! In Italian the title is "Se il rosso uccisore", published in the anthology "La decima vittima". The latest edition is from 1996. Thank you so much!!! :)

message 8: by El (new)

El | 502 comments La decima vittima for the click. Glad you found your story!

message 9: by L J (new)

L J Ellix18 wrote: "I found it!!! In Italian the title is "Se il rosso uccisore", published in the anthology "La decima vittima". The latest edition is from 1996. Thank you so much!!! :)"

Glad you found it. Strange, even though I mistranslated the title, La decima vittima is the anthology that came up. Search also gave me Se il rosso uccisore as another title for the short story. Maybe each title was used at some time.
Sure you'll feel great when you add message in your thread title saying "SOLVED."