Beta Reader Group discussion

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gaia (new)

Gaia (octavianothing) | 5 comments Hmmmm. It's rather quiet in here, so I'll start. I can't be the only reader/writer of M/M Erotic Romance in this group.

I know how tough it can be to find beta readers for our genre, but I am open to offering free beta reading if anyone is looking.

Also, I have a 79K fantasy M/M Romance manuscript I'd love to find a reader for, so message me or reply if interested.

Just to open a discussion, I'd also like to know what draws you to the genre?

For me, I adore men who are open with their emotions and know what they want. I still try to avoid certain tropes when looking for a book to enjoy, but there is just *something* about the love between two men that squeezes my heart.

While a lot of M/M Romance is written by women for women, I've decided not to feel bad about that and to unapologetically enjoy the female fantasy of male love. However, male writers of this genre are amazing as well.

Who are your favorite M/M authors?

I love to read:

Sloane Kennedy
Lucy Lennox
Kim Fielding
Devon McCormack
Ava March
Harper Fox

Any suggestions?

Here are some of mine:

Last Line by Harper Fox
The Tin Box by Kim Fielding
The Protectors Series by Sloane Kennedy
The Made Marian Series by Lucy Lennox
Weight of the World by Devon McCormack and Riley Hart
Bound by Deception Trilogy by Ava March

message 2: by Lioness7 (new)

Lioness7 | 7 comments Hi Octavia,

I am an experienced beta reader that loves reading any type of romance. My favorite authors, in regards to m/m romance, are:

Charlie Cochet
Stormy Glenn
Meraki P Lyhne
Mary Calmes
TJ Klune

and so many others. I really don't know if I could narrow my list down to just one or two authors.

I personally got into reading m/m romance because I love romance in general. I had always stuck to either paranormal or historical. I didn't even know this sub-genre existed until I ran across some BDSM books. I read them and was checking out what else the author wrote and found that she also wrote books with men together. I decided to try one and was hooked. Now I have branched out to include romance of all types. I have favorite authors for everything.

I do tend to agree with you that it is nice to read a romance where two men can show feelings. I have always grown up and been around men that believe feelings are for girls and children. These books are a great fantasy for me.

message 3: by Dakota (new)

Dakota Rayne | 199 comments Mod
This post goes under the discussion section. Please do not create new boards unless approved by a moderator. Can you move this discussion to the discussion board? Thank you!

-Dakota

message 4: by Gaia (new)

Gaia (octavianothing) | 5 comments Sorry! Was still learning how to navigate everything. My bad!

message 5: by Janice (new)

Janice Olson (httpwwwgoodreadscomjaniceolson) | 3 comments Thanks,

message 6: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Sterling | 6 comments Octavia wrote: "Hmmmm. It's rather quiet in here, so I'll start. I can't be the only reader/writer of M/M Erotic Romance in this group.

I know how tough it can be to find beta readers for our genre, but I am ope..."

Hi Octavia - I know this is a super old post, but I'd be happy to swap reading your manuscript for mine! Mine is a bit longer - 90k but also MM. It's already had several in depth beta's but I'd love a few more eyes on it before I start sending it off!

Thanks so much!