The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hello, another noob!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 2 comments Hello, I'm Nat, I'm a huge bookworm, as I'm sure you all are! I'll give most things a whirl, but my favourite book ever is Lord of the Rings (I know, it's a cliche, but I fell in love with it when I was 13 and it's been a life long love!)
Anyways, I will stop waffling! Looking forward to joining in and chatting!
Nat

message 2: by Edith (new)

Edith | 256 comments Hi Nat! Welcome, I've never read Lord of the Rings (I know!) but it's on my list. I know you'll really enjoy this group. Happy Reading!

Lyn (Readinghearts) (lsmeadows) Hey Nat - welcome to the group. It is great fun.

message 4: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Welcome Nat!!! Lord of the Rings was and will always be a masterpiece of literature.
Do you enjoy continuing stories? (ie; 'Harry Potter', 'Sookie Stackhouse','The Ladies No.1 Detective Agency', etc.)
They are alot of fun!

message 5: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10021 comments Mod
Hi Nat... welcome to the group. Nothing wrong with keeping a favorite book from your teen years. .... But I promise you will find more favorites that will give it a run for its money here :)

message 6: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 2 comments Suzanne wrote: "Welcome Nat!!! Lord of the Rings was and will always be a masterpiece of literature.
Do you enjoy continuing stories? (ie; 'Harry Potter', 'Sookie Stackhouse','The Ladies No.1 Detective Agency', ..."

I love Harry Potter, and am working my way through Alexander McCall Smith's books at the mo! I have the first Sookie book on my TBR, have been watching True Blood on FX and loving it, so got the book to try, although whether I will like it more than Twilight, I'm not sure!!

message 7: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Don't have any expectations or comparisons happening, okay? I am a looong time vampire literature lover and have had to accept this. Love 'Twilight' for the romance and heart-tugging (at least that's what I felt!!!)... and then the others will have their spots in your heart, too!!!
Have you found Janet Evanovich and her 'Stephanie Plum' series?! They are hysterical!