To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) To All the Boys I've Loved Before discussion


472 views
Peter v Josh

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Taylor Lara Jean wrote a love letter to both Peter and Josh.
Peter is big man on campus but not mean so that's cool.
Josh dated Lara Jean older sister (Margot), but LJ liked him first. I wanted LJ and Josh to let by gones (because Margot is going to college in Scotland) BUT Margot and Josh have had sex.
I love Josh I want Josh and Lara Jean to be together but........ incest??

I wish no ill will to Peter but be nice somewhere else.


Jovi Peter K is the sweetest guy<3
Josh is okay!


message 3: by Nawal (new) - added it

Nawal peter k all the way


Elena PEter for the win yo... i mean josh said that lara was her first ever crush but he never made a move instead he went and dated her sister. And then he went and kissed lara jean who he said it was like his little sister. I mean noone has the right to mess up with smn’s feelings like that much less if the person is in a happy relationship.


thelittlebookishgirl Peter k till the end


Caelan Peter all the way. no questions, no doubts


 Cat Josh was always going to be the crush a girl has but can never have and even if she could it wouldn't work out. Josh had this expectations of who he thought LJ was( and really it was just a second version of Margot), where as Peter helps LJ become who she really is pushes her to step out and be her best version. Yes Peter does have issues like he relationship with his ex but if LJ can't trust him then they should be together because trust is the foundation of a relastionship. There is also the fact that they have mutual interest and lost a parent. I feel like Joshs love for LJ was just his pent up emotions for Margot.


chloe John Ambrose McClaren.


jessica I'm going to say Peter - not because he was any more worthy than Josh, but because I feel he was the only one who actually had feelings for Lara. I know that Josh supposedly came to the realization that he still felt romantic love towards Lara, but I truly think that he was just suffering because of his recent breakup with Margot. I could see this in even the smallest ways he interacted with Lara, and I think she could too.

However, I haven't read the second book so I don't know if my opinion on Josh's motives still applies there.

Peter didn't fall in love with Lara in the way boys usually do in young adult novels, but I think with him not being raised alongside Lara he actually had the capacity to love her romantically. Honestly, with Josh, Lara could be seen as an easy rebound considering she was a sister of Margot and they were already close friends. I don't know, it's kind of weird. It makes me think that Josh is fickle with his love in the first place because he jumps from sister to sister in one family. It doesn't sit right.


Sydney King When I watched the movie I wanted her to end up with Peter. But 2/3 of the way through the book I was rooting for Josh but finally in the last like three pages Peter won it over for me.


message 13: by Evie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Evie at first i wanted Josh to be w/ LJ, but then peter won me over (although he's...different). Not really the kind of guy to be w/ a girl like LJ


Rachel Kempthorn Peter would be my choice out of him and Josh, however, John Ambrose McClaren all the way!


Traonah Peter, Peter, Peter!


Brigitte PETER FOREVER


elle❤️ okay so I think its pretty obvious that Peter is the one that won her heart. But what I really hate is that we never really know the possibility with Josh. In the book, she never gave him a chance to express how he felt. What did he really think about the letter. They were friends before and maybe he did like her, he just thought she didn't see him like that. And after he gets the letter, she just blows it away like, it didn't mean anything. He never got a chance to get to analyze his feelings. Had she given him a chance, maybe it would have been different. And of course, this is a book. Non-fiction. But I mean in reality, if something like this would happen, I would feel bad for the guy because the possibility of them... could have been.


Atlegang I really wanted Josh to end up with LJ , I mean Josh gave off that nice guy who lives next door and had been friends with her since forever vibe so naturally it seemed like he would be her best fit but he did have sex with Margot , he did date Margot and so it never really would’ve worked out between him and LJ . Peter is a nice guy , cool and everything, didn’t like him initially but he grew on me . Him and LJ make sense I guess .


Aurora Australis Taylor wrote: "Lara Jean wrote a love letter to both Peter and Josh.
Peter is big man on campus but not mean so that's cool.
Josh dated Lara Jean older sister (Margot), but LJ liked him first. I wanted LJ and Jos..."


Lol incest
....Yea i kinda think that the she and Josh thing would be weird..
And I don't know what I think about Peter
I mean yea they're cute...


Paige⭑⭒ Peter


Taylor book three sold me on Peter! P E T E R <3


Sophia Nawal wrote: "peter k all the way"

yes yes yes yes


Christina JOHNNNNN


message 24: by Liss (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liss Nawal wrote: "peter k all the way"

Yay for Peter K!


N ♡ Peter out of Peter and Josh, because he is the perfect high school romance.
and even though Peter is forever a contender, I still think IF JOHN HAD A CHANCE, he would be a major rival that would totally fit at university.


Christina Natalie wrote: "Peter out of Peter and Josh, because he is the perfect high school romance.
and even though Peter is forever a contender, I still think IF JOHN HAD A CHANCE, he would be a major rival that would t..."


I completely agree. John seems to really want Lara Jean but in a more whole way. I don't know how to explain. Peter just seems possessive and not at all the right match for Lara Jean. For High School I think they make a good couple but as Lara Jean get s older i think she will grow out of Peter and want someone who will challenge her and not have fights with over silly things.
Overall John Ambrose is someone i could genuinely see her with. Plus they have a killer love story with the game and Stormy and all that. Not to mention the tension between them at the summer beach house.


N ♡ Christina wrote: "Natalie wrote: "Peter out of Peter and Josh, because he is the perfect high school romance.
and even though Peter is forever a contender, I still think IF JOHN HAD A CHANCE, he would be a major ri..."


I didn't know someone responded :")
I definitely agree with your points but I will say that it's incredibly sweet how Peter was insecure about how much she wanted to be with him in the third book. It's so easy to imagine a typical high school boy just giving up easily after (although he did stay with Gen and took care of her so he's a pretty good guy)

I think John would totally challenge her and I was a little pissed that Jenny Han mislead readers T_T in the second book when they were in the car on her birthday and he said, “I don’t think it was our time then. I guess it isn’t now, either. [...] But one day maybe it will be.” UGHHHHHH.


Rebecca Desouza I am team Peter, cause even though he makes mistakes and always show LJ how he feels about her and the way he gets when john ambrose get involved is priceless


Kelbie It took me a long time to warm up to Peter but he won out for me in the end.


Fweasely I'm sorry but, is this even a question. Peter is that sweet guy that I think everyone wishes they had. Josh is nice but, in the other books, he kinda seems distant and a bit of jerk. LJ liked the idea of Josh but, I think she knew that they were never meant to be. I did really like John in the second book but, again he wasn't perfect for LJ.LJ and Peter are really soul mates!!!


Fweasely Rebecca wrote: "I am team Peter, cause even though he makes mistakes and always show LJ how he feels about her and the way he gets when john ambrose get involved is priceless"

Liked "Team Peter". This is twlight all over again


Hanna Harahap Peter K. I won't ever forget his smile. Peter K for the win :)


Rebecca Desouza Fweasely wrote: "I'm sorry but, is this even a question. Peter is that sweet guy that I think everyone wishes they had. Josh is nice but, in the other books, he kinda seems distant and a bit of jerk. LJ liked the i..."

yeah I agree josh is a sweet guy and is distant with her they were meant to be "best friends" but still didn't make the effort but LJ at the same time didn't give him the chance as well. When it came to john I was thinking while reading at first that he would LJ's type on paper but we all knew that is not the case:)


ani ! peter kavinsky 100%




(or john ambrose mcclaren ahem)


Jennette Peter definitely if between him and Josh but omg did Laura jean and John have a story Im kind of with Natalie on this one when it comes to John


JELISSA J GRANDBERRY Peter!


message 37: by Beth (new) - rated it 4 stars

Beth chloe wrote: "John Ambrose McClaren."

YES! After reading the whole series I am left really wanting her to find her way back to John Ambrose McClaren. Why did she choose Peter in the end? The world may never know. My guess is because he was safe and she prefers to play things safe.


message 38: by Fweasely (last edited Feb 12, 2019 11:01AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fweasely Beth wrote: "chloe wrote: "John Ambrose McClaren."

YES! After reading the whole series I am left really wanting her to find her way back to John Ambrose McClaren. Why did she choose Peter in the end? The world..."

I see your point but, Peter is not the "safe" choice because he's popular and kind of the opposite of LJ. Don't get me wrong because I love John Ambrose but, I don't think that he and LJ are meant to be.


message 39: by Danielle (last edited Feb 12, 2019 04:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Danielle Peter is the sweetest guy, even if he doesn't always show it. Besides, you can tell he SERIOUSLY LOVES Lara Jean. And he's so nice to Kity! He tries so hard to make Lara Jean happy, and it's obvious he's committed to their relationship, even when it wasn't real. And while he's nowhere near perfect, he still tries to be the best version of himself. His personality, while different from Lara Jean's, complements her. It also helps that he's good-looking and plays lacrosse! :)

Josh is kinda irritating. First he's friends with Lara Jean, then he goes out with Margot, and then when they break up, he's pining for Lara Jean. Honestly, he probably only likes Lara Jean because he misses her sister, and she's the next best thing. Don't get me wrong, this is one of my favorite books, and I really resonate with Lara Jean, but this is cold hard analysis. I hate to admit it, but it's probably true. I know, it's messed up. That's truly why I don't like Josh.

So Peter K. all the way!


Fweasely Danielle wrote: "Peter is the sweetest guy, even if he doesn't always show it. Besides, you can tell he SERIOUSLY LOVES Lara Jean. And he's so nice to Kity! He tries so hard to make Lara Jean happy, and it's obviou..."

Well said ;)!!!


Danielle Fweasely wrote: "Danielle wrote: "Peter is the sweetest guy, even if he doesn't always show it. Besides, you can tell he SERIOUSLY LOVES Lara Jean. And he's so nice to Kity! He tries so hard to make Lara Jean happy..."

Thanks! ;) What about you? Peter or Josh? (It's probably Peter or John Ambrose McClaren, honestly)


Fweasely Danielle wrote: "Thanks! ;) What about you? Peter or Josh? (It's probably Peter or John Ambrose McClaren, honestly) "

I'm definitely team Peter !! Josh like you said earlier is annoying and kinda winy at times. I feel that Josh does not really know what he wants. John Ambrose is super sweet and is underrated. He really is a great guy and he is constantly helping LJ out. Peter is the guy for LJ and I hope John will find his happiness too;)



Alice In Wonderalnd Peter because Josh was one, her sister boyfriend which is weird. 2, there's literally no chemistry between Josh and LJ. 3, Josh is a tool in the great words of Peter K. Also Peter is like the best person in the world don't come at me.


Aubrey Peter. He is the best person!! He just needs love. Besides, Josh is on the rebound. He and Margot had sex. Now she is gone, he knows that LJ LIKED him; so he wants to be her "boyfriend" now. Fight me.


Katelyn Josh is great....but Peter wins for sure.


Lavanya Peter, of course! He is funny and cool. Even though he is popular, he is not mean or something which is, like, really nice! Besides, Peter is always trying to make Lara Jean happy. He is really sweet too, in his own ways. And kitty loves him! I mean, it's natural for her to love Josh because he is around so much, but Peter took her heart away the first time. And it's obvious he cares not only about Lara Jean but also about Kitty! My vote is for Peter.


Emily JOSH, he's smart and funny


Tarsis MMMM.

I think that it's two different kind of love.

Her love when she was young, and now her love when she's a teenager almost an adult.

Josh is her friend. The person who knows her well, but Peter is the guy that make her feel like a desirable girl.


Grace Peter all the way!
Josh is ok..... but isn’t it kinda wierd to like your sisters boyfriend/ex? Plus, there is literally NO chemistry between Josh and Lara Jean. And, Josh gets on my nerves.
Peter is always thinking about Lara Jean, and trying to make her happy! Kitty and Lara Jean’s dad both love Peter. He’s always really sweet to Kitty too.


message 50: by Gda (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gda Peter


« previous 1
back to top