Play Book Tag discussion

The Third Man
This topic is about The Third Man
August 2018: Espionage > The Third Man - Graham Greene 4/5

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nicole D. | 1495 comments This was my first Greene but won't by my last. This was such a classic 40's Noir feeling mystery. I loved the atmosphere created both by Greene and the narrator of the audio who was fantastic.

The writing was economical but clever.

Really good.

message 2: by John (new)

John McKeon If you're up for another Greene, I'd suggest "The Quiet American" or "The End of the Affair."

"The Third Man," I believe, was actually written as a novel based on the screenplay of the film with Orson Welles and Joseph Cotten. Great film, especially the creepy scene at the top of the ferris wheel in Vienna.

Diane Zwang | 485 comments Nicole I agree with John that The Quiet American is a good book. I think you will like it. There is also a movie staring Michael Caine which I thought was really good.

message 4: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6643 comments If you read and like The End of the Affair . . .I'll be shocked. (review below).

So I would go with The Quiet American if you want more of this author.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 5: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2614 comments ‘The Power and the Glory’ is fabulous, but soooo depressing

Nicole D. | 1495 comments I have seen both movies End of the Affair and Quiet American and I think perhaps I wouldn't like the books.