Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Blood of My Blood (I Hunt Killers, #3)
This topic is about Blood of My Blood
Previous BOMs - Authors; I - L > Lyga, Barry--Blood of my Blood informal buddy read starts August 13, 2018

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31134 comments Mod
This thread is open to discuss Blood of My Blood by Barry Lyga.

Synopsis
Jazz Dent has never been closer to catching his father.

Jazz has been shot and left to die in New York. His girlfriend, Connie, is in the clutches of Jazz's monstrous father, Billy--the world's most notorious serial killer. And his best friend, Howie, is bleeding to death on the floor of Jazz's new home.

Somehow, these three must rise above the horrors and find a way to come together in pursuit of Billy.

But then Jazz crosses a line he's never crossed before, and soon the entire country is wondering: "Like father, like son? Who is the true monster?"

From New York City to the small town of Lobo's Nod, the chase is on, and this time, Jazz is the hunted, not the hunter--while Billy Dent lurks in the shadows.

And beyond Billy? Something much, much worse. Prepare to meet...the Crow King.

From acclaimed author Barry Lyga comes the shocking conclusion to the bestselling I Hunt Killer trilogy.
(less)

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

Jenny | 5248 comments I may be late in, but I'll be here.

Teri | 678 comments Yay!

Geri | 2042 comments Can’t wait!

Geri | 2042 comments So I started! I’ll wait until everyone else does before I comment.

message 8: by Jessi (last edited Aug 13, 2018 11:52AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jessi (jazzykitty) | 1644 comments I too have started but since I'm at work I only got to read a little bit during my lunch break. When I get home I can read a lot more!

Jessi (jazzykitty) | 1644 comments All right chapters 1-15

(view spoiler)

message 10: by Teri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Teri | 678 comments Okay, I have got to work this morning :(, but I will start as soon as I get home!

message 11: by Geri (new) - rated it 4 stars

Geri | 2042 comments Jess wrote: "All right chapters 1-15

[spoilers removed]"

There is a lot more Billy in this one. And boy, is he creepy and sick! He is affecting me more in this one. Like how he (view spoiler) They are trying hard to make us believe (view spoiler)

Jessi (jazzykitty) | 1644 comments (view spoiler) I think it only gets worse from here on out.

message 13: by Teri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Teri | 678 comments Chapter 10
(view spoiler)

Jessi (jazzykitty) | 1644 comments Teri wrote: "Chapter 10
[spoilers removed]"

I'm glad too. (view spoiler)

I've read through chapter 43
(view spoiler)

Jessi (jazzykitty) | 1644 comments I finished! And holy crap! I can't even...I'm just going to wait for you guys to finish.

Jenny | 5248 comments I started listening to this one yesterday, got a few hours in. Geri, I agree that having more Billy in this one is supremely creepy. The way the narrator for the audiobook does his voice is so spot on. Slight southern drawl, sort of bored, very superior. Creepy.

Since I have read this before, I don't want to give anything away, but I am busting to talk about Sam, and Jazz's mom, and the Crow king. Argh. I had forgotten most of it, but it is coming back now.

Jenny | 5248 comments Jess wrote: "I finished! And holy crap! I can't even...I'm just going to wait for you guys to finish."

Right? Seriously good ending. I should finish it today, and be able to coherently chat about it. I'm sure there are bits I have forgotten, even though it is all coming back to me now.

message 18: by Teri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Teri | 678 comments Page 325 somewhere in chapter 42

(view spoiler)

message 19: by Teri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Teri | 678 comments I'm done. Good heavens! (view spoiler)

message 20: by Geri (last edited Aug 16, 2018 08:49AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Geri | 2042 comments I finished too. And I agree, holy crap! LOL I was actually sad about (view spoiler)

I was happy how things ended with Jazz and Connie’s dad. I also thought what Jazz did to his father was the right thing. Probably worse than killing him. I really enjoyed this series. I agree, Teri, it was well done!

message 21: by Teri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Teri | 678 comments (view spoiler)

Jessi (jazzykitty) | 1644 comments Teri wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 23: by Teri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Teri | 678 comments Jess wrote: "Teri wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

She was RIGHT! I was also sad that she died, even if she was crazy, a racist, and not healthy for Jazz to be around. She was funny and she was a hell of a lot bet..."

Agreed! (view spoiler)

Jessi (jazzykitty) | 1644 comments Teri wrote: "Jess wrote: "Teri wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

though if down the road he went after the other Crows, I would read that"

Same here!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Blood of My Blood (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Barry Lyga (other topics)