Terry Books Lovers discussion

Book > The Sword of Shannara Re-read

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (new)

Megan | 13 comments Me again!

I realize that I dropped off the face of the earth during our First King re-read and for that, I apologize. I kept getting distracted by other books, then, eventually, life got in the way.

However, I find myself starting Sword again and thought I would share in case anyone wished to join me or talk about it with me.

Cheers!

M

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan | 13 comments The Sword of Shannara (The Sword of Shannara, Volume One) by Terry Brroks

Right. One thing I love about this book is that, no matter how many times I read it, every time I pick it up; it’s like reading it for the first time. For some reason, I can never remember precisely how this books goes; sure, I know the end result and the beginning, but the middle always gets lost in my memory.

“That doesn’t sound like a memorable book,” you may say, but I disagree. I always remember loving it while I’m reading, and it’s still one of my favorite books to date. Besides, I like the fact that I can’t remember it; it makes reading it over and over again exciting.

I’m currently only on page 7, but even so, Terry’s writing enchants me as always. ❤️