Georgette Heyer Fans discussion

Really Useful Stuff > Attending A Regency Ball!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Maith (new)

Maith | 148 comments Andrea (Catsos Person) is a Compulsive eBook Hoarder wrote: "Attending A Regency Ball

Enjoy!"

Thank you! Gives you a good look at knee breeches too! You can see why Timms appreciated a good calf!

message 3: by Critterbee❇ (new)

Critterbee❇ (critterbee) | 2578 comments Mod
Yummy link!
I wonder how much pressure it would be for a young lady, making her debut at a large ball, to call out the dance forms!

message 4: by Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ , Madam Mod (new)

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 4163 comments Mod
Thanks for this Andrea! I loved watching the dance!

message 5: by Skyla (last edited May 17, 2020 03:38PM) (new)

Skyla (skyla99) | 53 comments When I was about 10, I got to tag along with my older sister to a ball that had some of the regency dances, they all wore costumes and I remember being really impatient about waiting till I was older to dance....they stopped having them :(

Glad they still do them somewhere, that was a lovely video... I really wish I was in a different era :)

message 6: by QNPoohBear (new)

QNPoohBear | 1245 comments Skyla wrote: "When I was about 10, I got to tag along with my older sister to a ball that had some of the regency dances, they all wore costumes and I remember being really impatient about waiting till I was old..."

Oh that's too bad. The Jane Austen Society of North America and the Jane Austen Festival in Bath, England both have balls. I'm not a dancer so I spent the ball in the card room. I'm not good at cards either. I didn't stay long.