Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

General > Does anyone use Bookmooch?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 57 comments http://bookmooch.com/m/ I've just signed up - seems like potentially a good way to get rid of some of the mountains of books I've finished. You know... to make space for more!

message 2: by Shannon (last edited Aug 09, 2018 09:43AM) (new)

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 353 comments I'm on bookmooch however I rarely even check into it anymore. Here is my limited inventory. I should probably update this. ;-)

http://bookmooch.com/m/inventory/dini...

I should also mention I participate on papberbackswap.com and booksfreeswap.com

message 3: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 57 comments Shannon wrote: "I'm on bookmooch however I rarely even check into it anymore. Here is my limited inventory. I should probably update this. ;-)

http://bookmooch.com/m/inventory/dini...

I should also mention I p..."

That's a shame. Did you not have much success with it? I'd love to use paperbackswap but it seems to only be for the US.

message 4: by Shannon (new)

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 353 comments Amelia wrote: "That's a shame. Did you not have much success with it? I'd love to use paperbackswap but it seems to only be for the US. ."

I did back when I started (9 years ago) . There was a lot of books going back an forth. In the last 3 to 5 years though I haven't done much of anything. I think so many people are buying ebooks that it has really killed the traffic.

message 5: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 57 comments Shannon wrote: "Amelia wrote: "That's a shame. Did you not have much success with it? I'd love to use paperbackswap but it seems to only be for the US. ."

I did back when I started (9 years ago) . There was a lot..."

Probably true. I like getting something in the post though. Well, something that isn't a bill anyway!

message 6: by Shannon (new)

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 353 comments Amelia wrote: "Probably true. I like getting something in the post though. Well, something that isn't a bill anyway! ."

Yes, that was a nice feeling.

message 7: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 57 comments Shannon wrote: "Amelia wrote: "Probably true. I like getting something in the post though. Well, something that isn't a bill anyway! ."

Yes, that was a nice feeling."

I decided to give it a go - I'm sending six books out and three on their way to me. Fingers crossed!

message 8: by Shannon (new)

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 353 comments Amelia wrote: "I decided to give it a go - I'm sending six books out and three on their way to me. Fingers crossed!"

I said I was going to go through my books this weekend and post a few but I completely forgot. Oh well maybe I'll get them up this week. Hope you swaps go well.

message 9: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 411 comments I used to use the service but sending out books got to be expensive

message 10: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Shaver | 13 comments I did but now my house is overtaken by books I have no need to.

message 11: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 57 comments Shannon wrote: "Amelia wrote: "I decided to give it a go - I'm sending six books out and three on their way to me. Fingers crossed!"

I said I was going to go through my books this weekend and post a few but I com..."

Thanks! I'm up to nine out and potentially nine to me (five agreed). Here's hoping!

message 12: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 57 comments Sonya wrote: "I used to use the service but sending out books got to be expensive"

Yeah, it is, although I think I might have my head in the sand about just how much money I spend on books anyway... oops!

message 13: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 57 comments Hayley wrote: "I did but now my house is overtaken by books I have no need to."

Ha - yeah, I haven't exactly got a shortage... I moved house recently and the removal men did not look impressed when they saw how many book boxes they had to carry up the stairs!

message 14: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 363 comments Sonya wrote: "I used to use the service but sending out books got to be expensive"

Do you ship them media mail? It is a slower mail delivery but way cheaper than regular mail.

message 15: by Amelia (new)

Amelia | 57 comments Melissa wrote: "Sonya wrote: "I used to use the service but sending out books got to be expensive"

Do you ship them media mail? It is a slower mail delivery but way cheaper than regular mail."

I wish that was a thing in England! I've found deep sea to be cheaper than I expected though. So far I've sent out 17 books and mooched 11 =)