What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Mercy
This topic is about Mercy
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Possible Romance. Starts with little boy at grocery store with dad, says his dad killed his mom, spilled milk is mentioned, little girl tells his dad not to be mean to the boy in the store. [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39287 comments Mod
Edith, please add some plot details to your header - even if you're not sure of the genre. We always need some plot detail in the header.

When did you read it?

message 2: by Edie (new) - added it

Edie L. (booksaremynewlove) | 9 comments The problem is I don’t remember much more than that. I think it is a romance but not sure. Like I said not much to go by sorry I just remember that it starts at the grocery store with the little boy internalizing the POV and explaining that his mother was dead and that his father had killed her I’m not sure but o think there was something about milk spilled but I’m not sure if it was in the store or when the mom was being killed. The boy is frightened and doesn’t know how to act at the store. Then the little girl notices and confronts the dad and asks the boy if he is alright. I also remember the little girl screaming for her dad to help her help the little boy and then the little boy tells her he’s fine and they leave the store before her dad gets to her. That is all I remember I’m sorry. As for when I read it it was with in the last two months just not sure what date it was.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35145 comments Mod
Edith, I added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it (without spoilers) using the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).

Do you think the main character is a man who's having a flashback about his childhood? And the little girl grows up to become his romantic interest?

Could this be a romantic suspense novel? Or an angsty contemporary romance?

What's the location - country, region, big city/small town?

message 4: by Edie (new) - added it

Edie L. (booksaremynewlove) | 9 comments The problem is I don’t remember much more than that. I think it is a romance but not sure. Like I said not much to go by sorry I just remember that it starts at the grocery store with the little boy internalizing the POV and explaining that his mother was dead and that his father had killed her I’m not sure but o think there was something about milk spilled but I’m not sure if it was in the store or when the mom was being killed. The boy is frightened and doesn’t know how to act at the store. Then the little girl notices and confronts the dad and asks the boy if he is alright. I also remember the little girl screaming for her dad to help her help the little boy and then the little boy tells her he’s fine and they leave the store before her dad gets to her. That is all I remember I’m sorry. As for when I read it it was with in the last two months just not sure what date it was.

message 5: by Edie (new) - added it

Edie L. (booksaremynewlove) | 9 comments Kris wrote: "Edith, I added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it (without spoilers) using the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).

Do you think the main character ..."

Kris wrote: "Edith, I added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it (without spoilers) using the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).

Kris wrote: "Edith, I added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it (without spoilers) using the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).

I do believe that the main character and the little girl from the story will be love interest and another thing I remember is the narrator talking about him having to protect the girl from his father but like I said i read maybe the first few pages only and that all I remembered.

message 6: by Edie (new) - added it

Edie L. (booksaremynewlove) | 9 comments I really wish I could find the book though

Brandie Brueggeman | 32 comments I’ve read this book, let me look on my read list to see if I can find it.

Brandie Brueggeman | 32 comments Check out Mercy by Debra Anastasia
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 9: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5205 comments Mercy for future reference.

message 10: by Edie (new) - added it

Edie L. (booksaremynewlove) | 9 comments That was it thank you

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Mercy (other topics)