Teen Book Club discussion

The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1)
This topic is about The Darkest Minds
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book of the Month > August BOTM 2018 - The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by olivia, The All Mighty (new) - rated it 4 stars

olivia (oliviarose_) | 362 comments Mod
I am so sorry that I am just putting this discussion up, but this is the discussion for discussing our August BOTM, the Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken.

message 2: by Jasmine (new) - added it

Jasmine | 5 comments I already read it and saw the movie. Did everyone else read it yet? I don't want to spoil anything.

Grace (thegoldfishwholived) Oh lucky! I'm still trying to find a book and then watch the movie after... Also don't spoil anything but how was the movie compared to the book in your opinion?

message 4: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (puffyliquid) | 128 comments Nope, haven't read it yet. But i did get the book!

message 5: by olivia, The All Mighty (new) - rated it 4 stars

I am still waiting for a copy to come in at my library. I’ve been waiting for what feels like FOREVER. I am definitely going to wait to see the movie until I read the book.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm still waiting on the book! Ughhhhh

message 7: by Jasmine (new) - added it

Jasmine | 5 comments The movie was altogether pretty good. Was it as accurate as I hoped it would be? No. (Especially with a couple things, but I'm not going to say anything). It was somewhat inaccurate but not as bad as say.....Avatar the Last Airbender or PJO. Because of that, I personally didn't LOVE the movie. On the other hand, my family didnt read the book and they really liked it so I guess it isn't too bad.

message 8: by Cass (new)

Cass I personally was pretty disappointed with the movie...It really didn't follow the books, and it was supa' cheesy.
Butttt I wasn't a HUGE fan of the books either.... They were good but not the best...

Grace (thegoldfishwholived) I put this book on hold at the library! What day does this BOTM end?

message 10: by olivia, The All Mighty (new) - rated it 4 stars

Generally it ends the last day of the month.

message 11: by olivia, The All Mighty (new) - rated it 4 stars

Also, I am STILL waiting for a copy of the Darkest Minds to come in at my library!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Same! Running out of time...

Grace (thegoldfishwholived) Yeah I don't know when my copy will come in

Angelle I am half way through and it is great can’t wait to see the movie!

message 15: by olivia, The All Mighty (new) - rated it 4 stars

I finally got the book from my library. I started it today and I'm already on page 115. I'm loving it. Also, I realized that I never announced the September BOTM so I will send out a message tomorrow.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

My library I guess won't be getting it anytime soon so I'm gonna have to placehold it

Grace (thegoldfishwholived) Yayayayayayayay my copy finally came into the library! Now that it's September.... How ls everyone else doing in their reading or searching for copy?

message 18: by olivia, The All Mighty (new) - rated it 4 stars

I’m LOVING it! I’ve had it for like two days and I’m half done 😂

message 19: by olivia, The All Mighty (new) - rated it 4 stars

I just finished the book and I'm legit crying. The ending is so sad! 😭😭 I can't wait to see the movie now!

Grace (thegoldfishwholived) Aww! I've reading it today and Im totally hooked! Anyone else wish they're could be a period at school for just reading?

message 21: by olivia, The All Mighty (new) - rated it 4 stars

Omg YES! I read constantly in class 😂

Grace (thegoldfishwholived) Yes! 😂 I always get in trouble for reading when the teacher is trying to give a lesson

message 23: by olivia, The All Mighty (new) - rated it 4 stars

😂

Grace (thegoldfishwholived) I just finished The Darkest Minds and it's really late where I am but I can't stop freaking out about this book!! I just can't

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.