SSJCPL (Stockton-San Joaquin County Public Library) discussion

Reading Challenges > What are you reading for POPSUGAR 2018?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Here's the link to the list of prompts:
https://www.popsugar.com/entertainmen...

For those of you who are participating in this challenge, what good books have you found for the prompts?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

For the prompt: "A book about time travel," I'm reading "Ruby Red" by Kertin Gier.

"Sixteen-year-old Gwyneth discovers that she, rather than her well-prepared cousin, carries a time-travel gene, and soon she is journeying with Gideon, who shares the gift, through historical London trying to discover whom they can trust."

By the way, our library gives you access to the database NoveList Plus, and that's a resource I use a lot when looking for my next read. You can find it here:
http://ssjcpl.org/research/dbMenu.htm...

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm being very scatter-brained and reading too many books at once. They all have drawn me in, and they all meet prompts on the POPSUGAR list. Here goes:

A book made into a movie you've already seen: "Jaws" by Peter Benchley. This one is as gripping as the movie, right from the first sentence.

Nordic Noir: "The Girl Who Played with Fire" by Sieg Larsson. I am in love with Lisbeth Salander. I read the first book in the series in about three days, and I cannot wait to see what Lisbeth does next in her adventures.

A book by two authors: "Relic" by Douglas Prestion and Lincoln Child. This was also recommended by a coworker, and I cannot wait to talk to her about it the next time I see her.

A book set in a country that fascinates you: "Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon. It is set in Scotland, both the present and the past, and I have always wanted to visit that country.

I will also say, I am reading the first two books with physical copies I checked out from the library, and the second two I am reading on our library app, Libby.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

A book with an animal in the title: "Along Came a Spider" by James Patterson. I actually started this a couple months ago, but had to return it to the library because someone else had reserved it. Hopefully I can get a hold of it again soon.