Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Take the Water to the Mountain
This topic is about Take the Water to the Mountain
Questions > Separating combined editions

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Keith (new)

Keith Rees (keithrrees) | 5 comments I made the huge mistake of trying to combine editions of my books but instead it combined ALL of my books all under one title, Take the Water to the Mountain. I did NOT want to do that. I wanted to combine each title under its own title. Now my profile is just a mess. Now I can't figure out how to separate them out. The "separate tool" does nothing. Please help me fix this.

message 2: by Abcdarian (last edited Aug 05, 2018 01:14PM) (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Working on ... and sorted. Only librarians can separate, and the combining all books thing happens fairly often, but usually only once per author. ;-)

message 3: by Keith (new)

Keith Rees (keithrrees) | 5 comments Thank you for responding so quickly. I will just do one at a time I am guessing? Thank you again.

message 4: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13729 comments Keith wrote: "Thank you for responding so quickly. I will just do one at a time I am guessing? Thank you again."

Yes, at the top of the combine page it says "Only combine editions of a single work at a time."

message 5: by Keith (new)

Keith Rees (keithrrees) | 5 comments Could I get my poetry book Quill and Ink and its ebook separated? I mean to combine the 2 second editions together, the ebook and paperback, I did not intend to combine the first edition paperback with the 2nd edition ebook.

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42415 comments Mod
Goodreads policy is for all editions of a book -- different formats, revised editions, etc. -- to be combined into a single work.

As the author, you have the ability to change which edition of the book is the default, which will come up in searches by title and show on your author profile. Here's how: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...