The Cosy Bookish Corner discussion

Archived BOTM Discussions > August BOTM - Murder on the Orient Express

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanya, Founder & Moderator (last edited Aug 05, 2018 03:01AM) (new)

Tanya (tanya23510) | 432 comments Mod
Hello Everyone!!

The Polls are up and the August BOTM is: Murder on the Orient Express!

Please feel free to discuss below as you are reading!

This is my first Mystery book and I am very excited! Is this your first Mystery book too or is it your go-to?

I know this is a classic, but please make sure to use the Spoiler HTMLs when discussing the book!

message 2: by Tanya, Founder & Moderator (new)

Has anyone tried the audiobook version? I'm contemplating it and I'm not sure if to give it a try or not

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sayrawww) | 51 comments I haven't tried listening to this one. I did try "And Then There Were None" by Agatha Christie, but I wasn't able to finish because I kept losing focus on the story. I'll eventually give it another try when I can listen and pay attention.

I'm excited to read this one though!

message 4: by Tanya, Founder & Moderator (new)

Thank you and me too! This is my first mystery book so I really hope I enjoy it, as I already enjoy mystery tv series/films :)

message 5: by Erin (new)

Erin This was my second Agatha Christie mystery and I loved it. I read a lot of mysteries and can usually guess Whodunit but not with this book, I was completely stumped.

Has anyone watched any of the various movie adaptations?

message 6: by Karen (new)

Karen | 3 comments I really enjoyed this book. I first read it almost 20 years ago when I was in elementary school and it got me hooked on mysteries ever since.

message 7: by Tanya, Founder & Moderator (new)

I really wanted to get into this book, it was my first Mystery and I thought I would love it as I usually love Mystery TV/Movies. I just don't have the memory for it, I got frustrated with myself as I was already losing track of little character's details which I knew would probably be important later on, so I just gave up :/ Oh well, at least I tried! I will try again one day!