The Great American Read discussion

Old Posts 2018 > Moderators and Facilitators

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by NancyJ, Moderator (last edited Aug 05, 2018 09:37PM) (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 1835 comments Mod
Thank you to Ella for stepping in to help moderate when I needed her the most (she'll be gone for a little while). And congratulations to J. (Joy), the newest addition to the team.

I also want to thank our discussion facilitators - Tammy, Karen, J., Bruyere, and all those who informally facilitate from time to time, especially Linda!

I encourage everyone to think of issues or questions to help us dive a little deeper into the books.

This is still a very young group, and there are a lot of things that we can choose to do, perhaps related to the show, a genre, or give people a change to catch-up with the greatest hits on the list.

If you have an idea or activity that you'd like to create or pursue (for now or later), please speak up, or just start talking about it. If you think you'd like to become a moderator of your own board or a larger board someday, this is a nice way to start.

Everyone is always free to make posts to discuss an issue or topic in the general folder. (e.g. Discuss all the dystopian novels on the list.)

If you're watching the PBS site, maybe you'd like to give a quick summary of the books that will be discussed in each of the upcoming shows.

Please let me know if you'd like me to add another book into one
of the discussion area, or have a better way to organize the extra ones.

message 2: by J., Your Obedient Servant (new)

J. (jammons42) | 510 comments Mod
Happy to be a part of this group! I've had a lot of fun so far!

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather (bruyere) I was in a book club slump, so I'm really happy to have found this group. I like you all so much, I left most of my other groups. :)

message 4: by KarenK2 (new)

KarenK2 (kaykaykay60) Thanks, it's a ton of fun!

Linda Abhors the New GR Design | 915 comments Bruyere wrote: "I was in a book club slump, so I'm really happy to have found this group. I like you all so much, I left most of my other groups. :)"

aw, geez! :)

message 6: by NancyJ, Moderator (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 1835 comments Mod
Oh, I'm really happy to hear this! Thank you!