Play Book Tag discussion

Cloud Atlas
This topic is about Cloud Atlas
Archive: Other Books > Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell - 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Magdalena | 414 comments Cloud Atlas is definitely a book that requires patience. If there hadn't been a power outage that made me unable to go online and in need of a distraction I honestly don't know if I would have finished this. But you know what? I'm glad I did. Because even though I wouldn't call this relaxing or in some parts even enjoyable to read it was different and had a sort of understated, undeniable genius to it.

The stories on their own are not that impressive to me but what is impressive is how even with being written in completely different styles about completely different things they still feel linked. It's well done and the kind of book that stays with you. That said I don't think I'll be rereading it anytime soon.

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7255 comments Magdalena wrote: "Cloud Atlas is definitely a book that requires patience. If there hadn't been a power outage that made me unable to go online and in need of a distraction I honestly don't know if I would have fini..."

Glad you got to finish it-you and were of the same mind with this one. I am glad I plowed through it too, but as I said earlier-not my genre, and I don't think i will go there again!

Magdalena | 414 comments It is a relief to be done with it! I'm glad someone thought the same thing. I enjoyed getting to read it with you and everyone, although I know I wasn't the best buddy.