Christian Theological/Philosophical Book Club discussion

Theological Questions > So, What Is The Problem?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1569 comments Why is it that many doctrinally solid churches are half full ?

What is lacking ? Any thoughts ?

Click below for a brief (one page, double-sided, tri-fold) PDF file Bible study on this topic:
http://www.christ-like.net/sitebuilde...

message 2: by T.R. (new)

T.R. Bosse | 20 comments Robert - You covered much of the problem in your article, which brought out some very good points and I believe each point you mentioned contributes somewhat to the whole situation. I could only add some after-thoughts on the topic that it could be caused by the great falling away that is prophesied.

There is also the possibility of generating the separation of the wheat (good) and the tares (evil) lining up due to the Trump presidency.

One other thing has somewhat to do with the great falling away that I mentioned above. This concerns how the people crowded and flocked to the Lord when He started and well into His ministry. But toward the last, the people were listening to the religious who told them Jesus was preaching contrary to what the Scriptures taught (John 12:32-34). Therefore, toward the end of His ministry, many departed from Him and His focus became more centered upon the remaining disciples and upon His apostles. There are many voices out there today and many are listening and watching things contrary to what the Bible says.

Throughout most of the Twentieth Century, there were many revivals and movements abounding throughout the various Church bodies. Things seem to have quieted down some since then. However, perhaps we are about to see one last event or outpouring of the Spirit upon all flesh, before the great and notable day of the Lord comes.

TR

message 3: by Robert (new)

Robert Dallmann (robert_dallmann) | 1569 comments T.R. wrote: "However, perhaps we are about to see one last event or outpouring of the Spirit upon all flesh, before the great and notable day of the Lord comes..."

AMEN! I want to be a part of that!