Books and Jams Readalong discussion

I Let You Go - August 2018 > First Impressions (prologue and first few chapters)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Krista (new)

Krista (booksandjams) | 746 comments Mod
I'd love to hear what you think about the beginning of this book. It's definitely more "police-procedural" than I thought. And I had it in my mind that it was going to be a thriller, but it doesn't seem that way from the get-go. Seems like a mystery for sure, but not really a thriller. Not sure where I got that impression to begin with though. haha.

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan | 4 comments I feel sorry for the mother who lost her child. I would say it is a mystery.

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan | 9 comments The prologue is tough for anyone who loves a little one. I am having a little trouble staying focused through the police jargon, but am glued to the chapters about the mother.

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 14 comments It took me a couple of chapters to get into the flow of it skipping between the Mom and Ray and the police, and also with it jumping ahead in the timeline a couple of times. I think now I’m settled in and it’s really starting to grab me.

message 5: by Krista (new)

Krista (booksandjams) | 746 comments Mod
Jennifer wrote: "It took me a couple of chapters to get into the flow of it skipping between the Mom and Ray and the police, and also with it jumping ahead in the timeline a couple of times. I think now I’m settled..."

Yeah, it took me a second at the beginning of each chapter to get my bearings.

message 6: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (musingsofacat) I was expecting it to be more fast paced when I started it but I am enjoying it