Books and Jams Readalong discussion

I Let You Go
This topic is about I Let You Go
I Let You Go - August 2018 > Part 2 (Ch 22 - End)

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Krista (booksandjams) | 746 comments Mod
I'm only splitting this book into two sections because I'm hoping to be so caught up in it that I won't want to stop and share my reactions in the middle! haha. If you haven't finished don't read the responses here because you'll probably be spoiled!

Did anything about this second half surprise you? How did you like the ending? Were you able to predict any twists and turns? What star rating will you give this book?

Whoa. Whoa. Part 2 was so much more intense than Part 1! I will not talk too much about it until a few of you finish. But boy oh boy. I just finished and that ending gave me chills!

Susan | 4 comments All I can say is Wow what a ending. I gives this 4 stars.

message 4: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Balderrama | 3 comments Second half was a thrill ride! I am anxious to discuss more in detail when everyone is done! 4 stars !

Ok, Susan and Stacey...do you think he's really not dead? Did she really see "Jennifer" in the sand?

Shannon (musingsofacat) I kind of thought at the beginning of the book that it was Jacob's father who killed him, and on purpose, but then I figured not once I got into it. It ended up being way more twisty and involved though, which I liked.
No, I don't think Ian is dead, I think she did see "Jennifer" in the sand again. I wonder if there will be a second book?

message 7: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Balderrama | 3 comments I think it was left open for a sequel for sure. I think she saw Jennifer in the sand. Yikes!! I was so shocked to find out that this book involved a little boy being hit by a car and wasn't sure i could read it. My son was hit by a car when he was 12, he is alive and well, praise the Good Lord, but it was a horrible time in my life. I was proud of myself for getting through it. I also had a miscarriage, Not at the hands of abuse, and was put on the maternity ward. I think this book dealt with both incidents very realistically. I read in the authors notes that she lost a son, which breaks my heart...

Susan | 9 comments Just finished and I’m spent! Could not stop reading!! So many surprises. So scary at the end....Ian is a monster. I think he killed Marie too. We’ll see, if there is a sequel. Crazy.

I agree...Ian is a total monster. The way he was written was so creepy. My skin would crawl reading his parts. What an awful human! I don't know how he could have survived, but it does seem like he did. ugh. I don't think there's going to be a sequel, at least I haven't heard of any talk of one. Part of me likes those open ended ending, but part of me is dying for more closure!

Shannon (musingsofacat) Susan wrote: "Just finished and I’m spent! Could not stop reading!! So many surprises. So scary at the end....Ian is a monster. I think he killed Marie too. We’ll see, if there is a sequel. Crazy."

I had a feeling he might have killed Marie too. I thought when the police were researching him it said something about her getting away, but vague enough that it could have meant that she died. Or maybe she did get away and he killed her later on.

Susan | 9 comments Shannon... the part that made me doubt that he killed Marie was that at the end the police reported that she had acquired a restraining order. Of course, they didn’t say the knew where she was... The way he gathered up Marie’s things at the start of part 2.. and his willingness to kill animals and children.. I see sociopathic serial killer. Yikes!

Shannon (musingsofacat) Susan wrote: "Shannon... the part that made me doubt that he killed Marie was that at the end the police reported that she had acquired a restraining order. Of course, they didn’t say the knew where she was... T..."

I agree!

Shannon (musingsofacat) I did a ( slightly glitchy) review here if anybody is interested :)
https://youtu.be/o10kgpLNVpc

My mom finished the book and immediately said, "She died!" We had a good debate about it. What do you guys think? It does end with everything going dark. Do you think she passed out? Maybe she did die?

Jennifer A little late, but I just finished this and wow! Every time I thought I had everything figured out there would another twist. I really like how the ending was left open to interpretation. I’m very happy that Ray ended up doing the right thing in the end. I think it was very well written overall.