Books and Jams Readalong discussion

I Let You Go
This topic is about I Let You Go
I Let You Go - August 2018 > Part 1 (Prologue - Ch 21)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Krista (booksandjams) | 746 comments Mod
I have purposely stayed away from summaries or reviews of this book so I can go into it as blindly as possible. However that makes it tough to ask specific questions. So, just share what you're thoughts are so far. How do you like the writing style? Did the story captivate you right off the bat?

message 2: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (an80slady6886) Since this first part is to Chapter 21 , it will be a while until I check-in here , so I am not spoiled. Maybe separating the topics in chapters of 5 or so would be better, More participation this way.

Kathryn wrote: "Since this first part is to Chapter 21 , it will be a while until I check-in here , so I am not spoiled. Maybe separating the topics in chapters of 5 or so would be better, More participation this ..."

I normally do split it into smaller sections, but because this one is a bit of a mystery and maybe thrillery I thought longer sections would work. I tend to not get much discussion in the middle sections anyways. People comment a lot at the beginning and end. I'll add a "first impressions" post though for people to get their beginning thoughts out. Thanks for the suggestion!

HOLY MOLY! I was NOT expecting that!

This book started out so differently from what I expected, but people kept telling me that they loved it and that the ending is crazy. Well, I just finished Part 1 and love that a twist took my by such surprise!

The thing I am NOT loving though is Ray and Kate's relationship that's starting. I get SO annoyed at adultery/cheating in books and this one is no different. Ray is being selfish and so is Kate and it makes me really angry.

I also wonder what's up with Ray's son Tom. There's something going on there that I can't figure out.

Alright, back to reading for me!

message 5: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Balderrama | 3 comments I dont like the cheating either. . Im so curious about Rays son, also! I stayed away from synopsis, also....starting Chapter 22!

Susan | 4 comments This book keeps you guessing. Don't like cheating either.

Susan | 9 comments Just finished chapter 21. What just happened?! I do not like Kate and ray much either..

Shannon (musingsofacat) What's the twist? I don't get quite what happened in that last section of chapter 21, just seemed to me like the identity of the driver is being kept secret.
I agree about the cheating but I saw it coming from the beginning, hoping he and his wife sort things out. No idea what's going on with his son but agree that it's definitely something, quite possibly something illegal.

Shannon wrote: "What's the twist? I don't get quite what happened in that last section of chapter 21, just seemed to me like the identity of the driver is being kept secret.
I agree about the cheating but I saw it..."

Ch 21 ended with us learning Jenna wasn't the mother. Maybe I had missed something, but I totally thought she was the mom and left town because of her grief. So when they showed up to arrest her I was shocked!

Shannon (musingsofacat) Krista wrote: "Shannon wrote: "What's the twist? I don't get quite what happened in that last section of chapter 21, just seemed to me like the identity of the driver is being kept secret.
I agree about the cheat..."

I was shocked too, but I didn't figure it out til chapter 22, hence my confusion lol

Jennifer (jenniferc01) | 6 comments I hate cheating story lines as well. I could see it coming and cringed the whole time. I have a theory as to what is going on with Tom...we shall see.