Tudor History Lovers discussion

Group Reads > Nominations Open - Group Read for September 2018

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1903 comments What book about the Tudors or Tudor England would you like to have as our Group Read in September 2018?

If it's in a series, can it be easily read as a stand-alone? If not, you might want to nominate the first book in the series, or the most recent book in it the group has not read together.

Can't remember what we've already read as a group? (Sometimes I can't, either.) There's a "group-reads" shelf on the group's Bookshelf.

Two nominations to a person, please.

message 2: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 95 comments I will nominate Root of the Tudor Rose by Mari Griffith and The Other Boleyn Girl (The Plantagenet and Tudor Novels, #9) by Philippa Gregory .

message 3: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 36 comments The King is Dead The Last Will and Testament of Henry VIII by Suzannah Lipscomb 1536 The Year That Changed Henry VIII by Suzannah Lipscomb

(I feel like it's been so long since I've posted on here.)

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1903 comments Welcome back, then!

message 5: by Christine (new)

Christine Cazeneuve | 23 comments I would like to nominate The Sisters of Henry VIII by Maria Perry and The Queen's Conjurer; The Science and Magic of Dr. John Dee - Advisor to Queen Elizabeth by Benjamin Wooley. Thank you!

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1903 comments Natalie already nominated The Other Boleyn Girl, so you still have a nomination left, Tudor Queen.

*TUDOR^QUEEN* (on hiatus) (tudorqueen) | 35 comments Susanna - Censored by GoodReads wrote: "Natalie already nominated The Other Boleyn Girl, so you still have a nomination left, Tudor Queen."

OK, thanks, Susanna. Mmmmmm......

message 10: by Silvia (new)

Silvia | 69 comments I'll nominate The Dublin King The True Story of Edward Earl of Warwick, Lambert Simnel and the 'Princes in the Tower' by John Ashdown-Hill and The Raven's Widow by Adrienne Dillard

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1903 comments If anyone has a nomination to make, now is a good time to do so; I'll probably be closing nominations tomorrow.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1903 comments And a day late, I'm back.

I think I will nominate Elizabeth's London: Everyday Life in Elizabethan London by Liza Picard, and The Last Armada: Queen Elizabeth, Juan del Águila, and Hugh O'Neill: The Story of the 100-Day Spanish Invasion, by Des Ekin.

And with that I close nominations - the poll should be open soon.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1903 comments The poll is now open! You'll find it on the front page of the group, at the top of the Polls section, or here: https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1... .

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1903 comments If the poll closed now (it's open about 8 more hours) the winner would be The Sisters of Henry VIII: The Tumultuous Lives of Margaret of Scotland and Mary of France.