What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Memory of Fire (The World Gates, #1)
This topic is about Memory of Fire
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fantasy - human woman travels to another world from present reality, other world has large fae/elf like creatures with blue-ish skin, she starts to turn into one while falling for the 'king'. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kay (krisjay) I read this book somewhere around 2000-2005 I think.
The main female travels to anther 'world'. She's searching/investigating an old barn/house/shed where she happens upon the other 'world'. She appears in the other world in a forest. The other world has a royal hierarchy made up of tall/lanky, fae/elf like people who have blueish colouring. She is captured by them. She starts to have feelings for the 'king' and starts to resemble one of the other world people the longer she stays there. I think she also develops powers... shielding maybe?

Simultaneously in the real world there is a murder being solved from the prospective of a sheriff/cop? This man is also searching for the main female.

I realize this is almost nothing to go off of but I appreciate any guesses :-)

Thank you!

message 2: by Ac (new)

Ac | 11 comments What you said seems similar to Beyond the Pale - Mark Anthony. Just the similarities of her travelling to the other world and waking up in a forrest, not sure about the blue fae.

message 3: by El (new)

El | 502 comments Beyond the Pale for Ac's suggestion

message 4: by Kay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kay (krisjay) Just clicked on the link, unfortunately that doesn't look like it and the main character was definitely female. But thank you for the suggestion!!

message 5: by Kay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kay (krisjay) The book is called "Memory of Fire" by Holly Lisle. I figured it out when I stumbled upon the 3rd book in the series in my parents' basement. I can't find a hard copy of the book anywhere though :-(

message 6: by Rosa (last edited Aug 28, 2018 03:35PM) (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5111 comments Memory of Fire for the link.
I'm glad you found it, Kay. When you say you can't find a copy, do you mean you can't find the actual copy you read, or you can't find the book in a library or available to buy?

message 7: by Kay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kay (krisjay) Rosa wrote: "Memory of Fire for the link.
I'm glad you found it, Kay. When you say you can't find a copy, do you mean you can't find the actual copy you read, or you can't find the book in a library..."

I can't find a hard copy of it anywhere (library, amazon, barnsnoble, indigo, etc).

message 8: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5111 comments Some paperbacks of it are available here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...

message 9: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1874 comments It's available in the Internet Archive Library (free to join; you just need to give them an e-mail address).

https://archive.org/search.php?query=...