Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Amish Group Reads > Nominate September 2018 Group Read **VOTING CLOSED**

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (last edited Aug 15, 2018 11:49PM) (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1557 comments Mod
Nominations are now open for September 2018!

Vannetta Chapman, Amy Clipston, Katie Fisher, Suzanne Woods Fisher, Kelly Irvin, Amy Lillard, Samantha Price, and J.E.B. Spredemann are exempt from nomination in 2018 as we've already read one of their books this year, although we may make exceptions for novella collections that include one of these authors. If you're not sure if your book is eligible for nomination, please leave a comment and one of the moderators will get back to you!

Rules:
1. Any Amish-themed novel is eligible.
2. One nomination per person.
3. If two people nominate the same book, each person's vote counts. So the book will feature twice in the list to give each vote an equal chance.
4. Nominations run until the 14th of the month, with the winner announced on the 15th.
5. The winning book is chosen using Random.org to make it completely fair.
6. Please don't nominate a book we have already read. You can see our list of previous group reads here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... or look at the group read's bookshelf here: https://www.goodreads.com/group/books... (it includes the Christian group read as well).
7. Only nominate the first book in a series UNLESS we have already read #1 (see above link). In this case, #2 is then eligible for nomination!

Nominate away!!

#1 - Hearse and Buggy (An Amish Mystery, #1) by Laura Bradford -- Natalie
#2 - The Promise by Susan Lantz Simpson -- Marg
#3 - Huckleberry Hill (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #1) by Jennifer Beckstrand -- Barbara
#4 -

message 2: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1090 comments I will nominate Hearse and Buggy (An Amish Mystery, #1) by Laura Bradford .

message 3: by Susann (new)

Susann Williams | 21 comments Can we nominate something someone else chose (that didn’t get picked)?

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Susann wrote: "Can we nominate something someone else chose (that didn’t get picked)?"

Of course!

message 5: by Marg (new)

Marg (margpelan) | 17 comments I nominate The Promise
by Susan Lantz Simpson

message 6: by Barbara (last edited Aug 13, 2018 03:33PM) (new)

Here's an author we haven't read as a group yet -- Jennifer Beckstrand. I nominate Huckleberry Hill, it's the first in her Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill series.

message 7: by Barbara (new)

And the winner is... drum roll please...

Natalie's nomination of Hearse and Buggy by Laura Bradford!

Happy reading everyone. 📖

message 8: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn V I have that book and haven't read an amish mystery in a bit; so, looking forward to this