Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Hell Divers (Hell Divers #1)
This topic is about Hell Divers
Group Reads > August 2018 Summer Blockbuster Group Read: Hell Divers by Nicholas Sansbury Smith *Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 4793 comments Mod
Hell Divers is our August group read. Dive in (no pun intended), read and discuss!

message 2: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa P | 1996 comments Mod
I am about 25% into this and so far so good. The action starts pretty quickly with an action-packed dive to ground. So far the story seems to be centered around a diver named X. Most divers don't survive past 15 dives, but X has outlasted them all by a long shot. So far the story is just getting into what makes this guy tick. Two stories going on simultaneously: what is happening on the ship (the Hive) and what is happening with the divers on the ground. Will they ever find a habitable place on earth to land the ship and survive? Only time will tell.

Anyone else reading this right now?

message 3: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new) - rated it 5 stars

If anyone is looking for an exciting read...I am recommending this one. I am about 80% in and the action is non-stop. First you have a ship with 500 plus people living and floating above the earth, since the earth was made inhabitable a few hundred years prior (war, bombs, etc.). The hell divers must travel down to the earth surface for parts and supplies to help them survive on the ship. Without them, the ship and all the people on board would parish. Lots of danger below to deal with (yes there are weapons involved). Lots of excitement on the ship as well. So far a fun book!

message 4: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new) - rated it 5 stars

So I've finished this one and already jumped into book 2!