The Robin Hobb Collection discussion

Megan Lindholm > Megan Lindholm reprints and group read? Maybe?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeremy (last edited Jul 31, 2018 12:14PM) (new)

Jeremy (the1germ) | 96 comments Mod
It was confirmed by her editor on Twitter today that the Megan Lindholm backlog will be reprinted soon for the UK market - starting with Cloven Hooves, which historically is the most difficult Hobb/Lindholm novel to get a hold of (!!!).

It can be guessed that this is in preparation for the upcoming urban fantasy Hobb is working on, presumably under Megan Lindholm. There's no confirmation of dates yet, only that it's happening. Nothing for the US. :(

With thaaaat in mind, I've been wanting to finally tackle the full Lindholm library from start to finish. Would there be any interest in a group read, with reprints on the horizon?

message 2: by Alfred (new)

Alfred Haplo (alfredhaplo) | 550 comments My experience with Lindholm's urban fantasy on The Inheritance is just... okaaaay. But not gonna say no yet.

message 3: by DivaDiane (new)

DivaDiane | 10 comments I’d be up for a read-through if Megan Lindholm novels. I loooved Wizard of Pigeons and actual have a copy of Cloven Hooves and another as yet unread...

message 4: by Mark (new)

Mark Halse | 26 comments I'd be down but what's the word on reprints for the US market? Plus I'm 99% Kindle. I have been dying to read these early books.

message 5: by Jeremy (last edited Aug 02, 2018 12:10PM) (new)

Mark wrote: "I'd be down but what's the word on reprints for the US market? Plus I'm 99% Kindle. I have been dying to read these early books."

Nothing at all for the US so far. It's very frustrating. We haven't seen reprints in YEARS. There's some speculation on there being a rights issue here, but who knows.

There are Kindle editions in the UK for everything but Cloven Hooves, and you can get a hold of them if you have a UK address to temporarily switch to - a friend, or family member. I did this while on vacation in Iceland, changed my address to the hotel I was staying at and purchased the whole Lindholm library!

Might be slightly shady lol, but at least Hobb gets paid as opposed to finding them used or outright pirating.

message 6: by DivaDiane (new)

DivaDiane | 10 comments I saw that they have Cloven Hooves available on Book Depository for pre-order, at least on the UK version. They ship anywhere in the world for free. I’m not sure if you would have to order it from the .co.uk site but I have ordered Books to have sent to US addresses before, so it works. It’s worth giving a try, no shady stuff to do...😱

message 7: by Wastrel (new)

Wastrel | 270 comments Hypothetically, the idea of reading the Lindholm books is very tempting!

...but given that i still haven't gotten around to joining the group read of the soldier son novels, I guess you can't rely on me on that score...

message 8: by Jeremy (new)

Well, it looks like the first Lindholm reprint (Cloven Hooves) isn't coming out until April 2019 so there's plenty of time LOL. Unless, of course, those that are interested in a Lindholm marathon already have access to the books and would like to start earlier. :)