The Challenge Factory discussion

2018 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > August Buddy Read Discussion

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (last edited Jul 31, 2018 08:15AM) (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5838 comments Mod
Buddy Read

August Buddy Read Discussion
Duration: 01 August 2018 - 31 August 2018

Instructions & Info:

Rules:

Use this thread to find your buddy and determine your book! You can always start by posting books, authors or genres you are interested in. When you decide who your buddy will be and what book(s) you're going to read head on over to the FINAL SIGN UP thread (see link at bottom) and tell me your book and buddy there (there will be instructions to follow).

1. If you want to participate post your name and let people know what genre(s) you are interested in reading and/or any books that you're interested in reading.

2. If you already know who you’d like to read with, go to the Final Sign Up thread and post your information for me!

3. Groups of 3 or more are also fine, the more the merrier.

4. I will create Buddy Discussion Threads for each Buddy group and you will be able to start reading and discussing.

5. There are no rules on what, how much or how often to discuss or how best to pace your reading - whatever works best for each individual group.

5.The challenge usually spans a month. If you'd like to start a longer buddy read, you can mention the time frame you have in mind when posting to look for a buddy. If you need more time to finish your book at the end of the month, just drop me a line in the next month's sign ups to keep your thread open.

6.You CAN sign up for more than one Buddy Read...in fact it's encouraged!

ANY QUESTIONS JUST ASK!

Once you have a buddy, go to the August Sign Up Thread and post your book and your buddy.

message 2: by Leo(nie) (new)

Leo(nie) (lemongreen_bird) | 311 comments Hi everyone, I would like to tackle some of these books in August:

Chasm City by Alastair Reynolds Caliban's War (The Expanse, #2) by James S.A. Corey A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1) by Brandon Sanderson

message 3: by Erin (new)

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin | 316 comments Leo wrote: "Hi everyone, I would like to tackle some of these books in August:"

If you can wait until the middle of the month, I can do A Thousand Pieces of You.

message 5: by Leo(nie) (new)

Leo(nie) (lemongreen_bird) | 311 comments Erin wrote: "Leo wrote: "Hi everyone, I would like to tackle some of these books in August:"

If you can wait until the middle of the month, I can do A Thousand Pieces of You."

sure :D I still have exams until then, so I won't have much time before for reading anyway

message 6: by Deedee (new)

Deedee | 52 comments Hello All! I'm planning to read
Crazy Rich Asians (Crazy Rich Asians, #1) by Kevin Kwan
over the next two weeks if anyone wants to "Buddy Read" it with me!

message 7: by Kat (new)

Kat (bookworm2017) I'm wanting to tackle my library books this month. Any interest in these?

The Man I Think I Know by Mike Gayle
Kiss Cam A Swoon Novel (Swoon Novels Book 17) by Kiara London
Between the Lies by Cathy MacPhail When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1) by Julie Murphy

message 8: by Erin (new)

Erin | 316 comments Leo wrote: "sure :D I still have exams until then, so I won't have much time before for reading anyway"

Great! Do you want to sign us up or would you like me to?

message 9: by Leo(nie) (new)

Leo(nie) (lemongreen_bird) | 311 comments Erin wrote: Great! Do you want to sign us up or would you like me to?"

I'll do it :-)

message 10: by Afa (new)

Afa (afaviva) | 29 comments Leo wrote: "Hi everyone, I would like to tackle some of these books in August:

Chasm City by Alastair ReynoldsCaliban's War (The Expanse, #2) by James S.A. CoreyA Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray[bookcover:Anna Dresse..."

Hi Leo, I could read Anna Dressed in Blood with you :)

message 11: by Leo(nie) (new)

Leo(nie) (lemongreen_bird) | 311 comments Afa wrote: "Leo wrote: "Hi Leo, I could read Anna Dressed in Blood with you :)"

Awesome, I'll sign us up!

message 12: by Lynn (last edited Jul 31, 2018 11:34AM) (new)

Lynn | 77 comments Anyone up for these?

Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore Warcross (Warcross, #1) by Marie Lu Dead Canaries Don't Sing (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #1) by Cynthia Baxter Along Came a Spider (Alex Cross, #1) by James Patterson Crooked House by Agatha Christie

message 13: by Afa (new)

Afa (afaviva) | 29 comments Leo wrote: "Afa wrote: "Leo wrote: "Hi Leo, I could read Anna Dressed in Blood with you :)"

Awesome, I'll sign us up!"

Great! When are you planning to start?

message 15: by Leo(nie) (new)

Leo(nie) (lemongreen_bird) | 311 comments Afa wrote: "Great! When are you planning to start?"

maybe around the 20th if that's alright with you :)

message 16: by Shantal (new)

Shantal Oliver | 84 comments I'll be reading

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon , Dangerous Minds (Knight and Moon, #2) by Janet Evanovich , Hunted by Meagan Spooner , and Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1) by Susan Dennard if any one would like to read with me

message 17: by Afa (new)

Afa (afaviva) | 29 comments Leo wrote: "Afa wrote: "Great! When are you planning to start?"

maybe around the 20th if that's alright with you :)"

Works for me! :)

message 18: by Afa (new)

Afa (afaviva) | 29 comments Dlyn wrote: "Anyone up for these?

Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore Warcross (Warcross, #1) by Marie Lu Dead Canaries Don't Sing (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #1) by Cynthia Baxter [bookcover:Along Came a Spider|131..."

Hi! I'm thinking about Crooked House. When do you want to start?

message 19: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 77 comments Afa wrote: "Dlyn wrote: "Anyone up for these?

Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore Warcross (Warcross, #1) by Marie Lu Dead Canaries Don't Sing (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #1) by Cynthia Baxter [bookcover:Along Came..."

Whenever you're ready, I'm ready to go :)

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments Shantal wrote: "I'll be reading

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon, Dangerous Minds (Knight and Moon, #2) by Janet Evanovich, Hunted by Meagan Spooner, and Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1) by Susan Dennard if any one would like to read w..."

I'll read Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1) by Susan Dennard with you

message 21: by Shantal (new)

Shantal Oliver | 84 comments Great! When do you want to start?

message 22: by Afa (new)

Afa (afaviva) | 29 comments Dlyn wrote: "Afa wrote: "Dlyn wrote: "Anyone up for these?

Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore Warcross (Warcross, #1) by Marie Lu Dead Canaries Don't Sing (Reigning Cats & Dogs Mystery, #1) by Cynthia Baxter [bookcove..."

How about after the 20th? I'm a little tied up at the moment :)

message 23: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 77 comments Afa wrote: "Dlyn wrote: "Afa wrote: "Dlyn wrote: "Anyone up for these?

Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore Warcross (Warcross, #1) by Marie Lu [bookcover:Dead Canaries Don't Sing|5835..."

Sure, sounds great. I'll request the thread now though so I don't forget lol

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 2154 comments Shantal wrote: "Great! When do you want to start?"

I'm requesting it from the library. I'll let you know as soon as I can.

message 25: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2357 comments Deedee wrote: "Hello All! I'm planning to read
Crazy Rich Asians (Crazy Rich Asians, #1) by Kevin Kwan
over the next two weeks if anyone wants to "Buddy Read" it with me!"

Did anyone else sign up, Deedee? I just finished it yesterday if you want to discuss it.