Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Tehanu (Earthsea Cycle, #4)
This topic is about Tehanu
Previous BRs - Authors; I - L > Le Guin, Ursula K. - Tehanu (Earthsea Cycle #4) - Informal buddy read starting August 4th, 2018

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31132 comments Mod
This thread is open to discuss Tehanu by Ursula K. Le Guin

Synopsis
Years ago, they had escaped together from the sinister Tombs of Atuan—she, an isolated young priestess; he, a powerful wizard. Now she is a farmer's widow, having chosen for herself the simple pleasures of an ordinary life. And he is a broken old man, mourning the powers lost to him through no choice of his own.

Once, when they were young, they helped each other at a time of darkness and danger and shared an adventure like no other. Now they must join forces again, to help another in need -- the physically and emotionally scarred child whose own destiny has yet to be revealed.

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

Jenny | 5201 comments Yay, cool.

message 5: by Deanna (new) - added it

Deanna | 2774 comments Yeah! More Ged!

Elen | 1094 comments And more Tenar!

Jenny | 5201 comments Maybe a dragon too?

Elen | 1094 comments Just started reading I am happy to see our old friend again: Tenar, Ged, Ogion(view spoiler) and yes, we even have dragon representation :)

Therru - It's very sad what happened to her. She didn't deserve that, but I really want to know why they did it (her parents). Maybe they thought that she is some sort of bad magic?!..

message 9: by Deanna (new) - added it

Deanna | 2774 comments I'm finally caught up with team spreadsheets, so I'll be starting today!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Tehanu (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ursula K. Le Guin (other topics)