LitRPG Forum discussion

Author / Series Discussions > J.A. Cipriano books missing

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allan (new)

Allan (allan_williams) | 14 comments Has anyone heard is going on with J.A. Cipriano? I just tried to pull up "The pen is mightier 3" on Amazon and get "page not found". I tried dealership of his independent works and none of them come up.

message 2: by GaiusPrimus, Kindle Wizard (new)

GaiusPrimus | 197 comments Mod
Amazon banned his account. He's been posting his series to other stores like Kobo and Google Play

message 3: by Allan (new)

Allan (allan_williams) | 14 comments Well that answers that. Thanks for the update.

message 4: by Dustin (new)

Dustin (dreamweavermirar) | 10 comments Same thing happened to Michael Scott Earle, if you end up looking for his books at some point ):

Amazon's going overboard with this trying to ban anyone who might possibly be cheating KU page reads!

message 5: by Billy (new)

Billy Munich | 12 comments I keep hearing about accounts being banned, but I'm still unclear about why. I've read some articles say that it is due to the author giving free copies in exchange for reviews, but all the major publishers do that. I'm confused. Can someone give me the real answer?

message 6: by GaiusPrimus, Kindle Wizard (new)

There's no confirmed reason. Amazon holds the right to cancel any account for any reason.

Conspiracy theories abouns though

message 7: by Billy (new)

Billy Munich | 12 comments GaiusPrimus wrote: "There's no confirmed reason. Amazon holds the right to cancel any account for any reason.

Conspiracy theories abouns though"

Wow...I guess that would make it an exceptionally scary time to be an author making most of their money on Amazon.

message 8: by Fel, LitRPG Devotee, Reading Is My Cardio (new)

Fel, LitRPG Devotee | 195 comments Mod
I asked this very same question on Twitter Billy, and the answer was more or less the same as Gaius's. Nobody knows. The two impressions I got were that extra carriage returns in the formatting was exploited for more page reads and something about a cover being trademarked. This is all gossip, because I don't have the desire to sift through Reddit or Kboards or wherever the discussion is being held in more detail. Hope your day is going great guys and gals!

message 9: by GaiusPrimus, Kindle Wizard (new)

Exactly.

Everyone wants to blame Amazon for this, but they didn't get to where they are for being stupid.

At the end of the day, what this will mean is that KU will become less populated of prolific writers.

message 10: by Travis (new)

Travis (softcon) | 56 comments My issue is now, I can't read those books, because I don't have a google device, and Kobo doesn't work with the screen reader on IOS, and I've not figured out how to read kobo books on the pc yet, so now, there's lots of authors I can no longer read, and that stinks. Anybody posting their stuff to smashwords? That's a pretty popular platform in some circles, though gamelit/litrpg doesn't seem to be one of them.

message 11: by DJay (new)

DJay (djdjay) | 31 comments really? I have the Iphone X and Kobo works well. Maybe delete it and download the app again?

message 12: by GaiusPrimus, Kindle Wizard (new)

Google Play Books is a great app on iOS.

The Kobo app is also available.