Geeks, Nerd And Dorks United! discussion

Organiser > Nerds

Comments Showing 1-50 of 76 (76 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Rumell (last edited Jul 29, 2018 03:45PM) (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) This section for those who are Nerds.

message 2: by Rumell (last edited Jul 30, 2018 03:23AM) (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) Since I am a Nerd I definitely need to be here. I'm a nerd and I'm proud. I guess there aren't many Nerds in this world.

message 3: by Janvi (new)

Janvi (janvipatel) Well, I'm one of them!

message 5: by Pixye (new)

Pixye | 97 comments don't make me do this y'all...
OKAY I'M DOING IT I CANT STOP MYSELF
ACCORDING TO LE EVIL DICTIONARY OF dOoM:
nerd | nərd |
noun informal
a foolish or contemptible person who lacks social skills or is boringly studious: one of those nerds who never asked a girl to dance.
• a single-minded expert in a particular technical field: a computer nerd.
DERIVATIVES
nerdish adjective
nerdishness noun
ORIGIN
1950s (originally US): of unknown origin.

P.S. the evil dictionary of DOOM hates me y'all
P.P.S. along with everyone in this chat/group/world probably XD

message 6: by Fairy (new)

Fairy (magicpotatorp) | 322 comments I guess I'm a nerd because....did you know that there are over 20,000 species of bees? And also overmorrow is the day after tomorrow. The meaning of life is 42 and Artemis in a myth one sent a boar to kill a bunch of people for not giving her apples. Also the red panda is said to be closely related to the racoon because of their ringed tails! Wolves tend to carry their pups with their mouths and Puffin parents both take care of their children unlike penguins. Swans have mates for life and can die of heartbreak if their partner passes......I guess I am a nerd?

Phoenix~They/Them Im actually kinda curious about the human brain and how it works but idk if im a nerd, i have too small of a memory lol

message 8: by Fairy (new)

Fairy (magicpotatorp) | 322 comments It's even worse when your memory is clear and perfect about an event that happened 10 centuries ago but you can't remember what your friend told you this morning.

Phoenix~They/Them Haha i know that feeling

message 10: by Fairy (new)

Fairy (magicpotatorp) | 322 comments And then your friend gives you the face ._.

message 11: by Rumell (last edited Jul 31, 2018 05:13AM) (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) I am a science nerd.

Plus I study as a hobby.

message 12: by Rumell (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) I am just waiting to watch something good. I don't know what else to do.

message 13: by Pixye (new)

Pixye | 97 comments It is now obvious to me that I do not belong in the nerd group. I shall go back to le dorks where I belong!

message 14: by Fairy (new)

Fairy (magicpotatorp) | 322 comments Bye Pixye!!! :C
Question, has anyone read the GreeK myths?

message 15: by Rumell (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) Yes.

I protest against nerd haters.

message 16: by Rumell (new)

message 17: by Fairy (new)

Fairy (magicpotatorp) | 322 comments Was Heracles killed by centaur blood, true or false?

Nerd haters need to back off, so what if we like to read about how people made face cream out animals back in Ancient Rome? THEIR PROBLEM, SHUT IT OR I'LL TOSS YOU OFF A CLIFFFFFF, NERD HATERRR

message 18: by Pixye (new)

Pixye | 97 comments Hey woah woah woah if you're talking bout me, I'm not a nerd-hater!!! I love nerds!!!!!! I just can't identify as one 'cause I'm really not that smart and do not know a lot of trivia... at all

message 19: by Rumell (last edited Jul 31, 2018 12:23PM) (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) I didn't say you were.

I am talking about general people. There are lot of nerd haters in the world.

message 20: by Fairy (new)

Fairy (magicpotatorp) | 322 comments Muggles...eh... *me grabbing books from locker while obnoxious rude boy with green eyes hair sneers and says :NERD* AHSJSIAKSOFOBKFJAJAJJAD

message 21: by Pixye (new)

Pixye | 97 comments Rumell wrote: "I didn't say you were.

I am talking about general people. There are lot of nerd haters in the world."

EVIL NERD HATERS
I SHALL SIDE WITH YOU AGAINST THEM

message 22: by Fairy (new)

Fairy (magicpotatorp) | 322 comments Pixye wrote: "Rumell wrote: "I didn't say you were.

I am talking about general people. There are lot of nerd haters in the world."

EVIL NERD HATERS
I SHALL SIDE WITH YOU AGAINST THEM"

THANK YOU FOR JOINING US IN THIS BLOODY WAR. PEOPLE WILL REGRET THE DAY THEY SAID THEY HATED NERDS. HERE IS YOUR SWORD MY YOUNG PADAWAN I MEAN UH LIGHTSABER I MEAN PALADIN. YOU KNOW WHAT HEAR, JUST TAKE THIS GREEN LION SPACESHIP INSTEAD.

message 23: by Pixye (new)

Pixye | 97 comments YAYYYYYYYYY GREEN LION SPACESHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...does it have a sound system?
I SHALL BLAST QUEEN UPON THE NERD HATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 25: by Pixye (new)

Pixye | 97 comments yes, yes you can
LET'S GO TEAM ANTI-NERD-HATERS!!!!!!
....we gotta come up with a better team name...

message 26: by Fairy (new)

Fairy (magicpotatorp) | 322 comments EVERYONE FORM VOLTRON! *THEME SONG STARTS PLAYING WHILE I HUG MY BOI KEITH INSIDE THE BLACK LION,* I CAN'T WAIT TO RETURN TO EARTH!! IT'S A SHAME THAT THE L'OREAL COMERCIAL IS STUCK IN THE QUINTESSENCE FIELD BUT WHO CARees...I care...

Phoenix~They/Them I love Greek mythology, I just haven't felt like reading for a long time

message 28: by Rumell (last edited Aug 01, 2018 03:33AM) (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) There are more people who pick on nerds, verbally and/or physically, than they do on other characteristics. You'll notice it but no one says it or admits it.

Phoenix~They/Them Actually I'm not picked on for looking like a nerd or whatever(idk if I'm a nerd) I'm usually picked on for being seen as ugly or "retarded" just cuz I don't learn that fast because I'm not good at things

Amy (won't be online for a while. sorry to all the groups i'm in!) (mattbatt) | 439 comments That is complete and utter bullshit! That is terrible and those people need a nice assume kicking.

((Silver O. Smith - Can't turn off disorders.)) Sylveon~Raven wrote: "Actually I'm not picked on for looking like a nerd or whatever(idk if I'm a nerd) I'm usually picked on for being seen as ugly or "retarded" just cuz I don't learn that fast because I'm not good at..."

Well that's stupid.

Amy (won't be online for a while. sorry to all the groups i'm in!) (mattbatt) | 439 comments You are you and you are beautiful and only deserve the best

message 35: by Fairy (new)

Fairy (magicpotatorp) | 322 comments PREACH!

message 36: by Rumell (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) If you study as a hobby you are definitely a nerd. Also you'd mostly ramble on about good grades and subjects you are passionate about. And if you able to get into college your nerd level increases. And if you get into university you are super nerd. I'd love to be a super nerd one day.

message 37: by Fairy (new)

Fairy (magicpotatorp) | 322 comments Does it depend on a certain topic that you study a lot about to be considered a nerd? Or can studying about any topic count?

message 38: by Rumell (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) Any topic

message 39: by Fairy (new)

Fairy (magicpotatorp) | 322 comments Then I am a bigger nerd than I thought....*opens file cabinets* Wait, what am I doing here when I could be reading about figure skating? *shuts cabinets* I'm off!

message 40: by Rumell (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) But it has to be a subjective topic.

message 41: by Rumell (last edited Aug 02, 2018 02:30PM) (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) Also note that most nerds don't hate maths.

message 42: by Fairy (new)

Fairy (magicpotatorp) | 322 comments *picks up bag* Maybe this nerd thread isn't for me, I'm going to check the other ones and test my luck there. ONWARDS!!

message 43: by Rumell (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) And most nerds are serious about their grades.

message 44: by Fairy (new)

Fairy (magicpotatorp) | 322 comments I'm so serious about my grades, I get anxious thinking about getting a B on my report card. and wondering how my parents will most likely murder me if they see a unacceptable math grade.

"Hey Dad, look I got a B+ in Math!"

"Its no A"
._.

message 45: by Rumell (last edited Aug 02, 2018 04:01PM) (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) In my country you must get at least have 5 C's in GCSE including English Language and Mathematics if you are heading into A-level Colleges. If you don't you will undertake Vocational Courses and you will have to re-sit your English Language and Mathematics exam until you get a C.

message 46: by Rumell (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) Just encase you are wondering, GCSE are courses that we take at Year 10 and Year 11. We get exams at the end of Year 11.

A-levels are the academic courses we take in college.

Vocational Courses are subjects with mostly coursework. And they won't benefit you academically.

message 48: by Rumell (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) You'll do.

message 50: by Rumell (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) I've noticed your profile description. You are definitely a nerd.

« previous 1