THE Group for Authors! discussion

General Discussion > Wordpress widget problem

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daniel (last edited Jul 30, 2018 01:40AM) (new)

Daniel Margnov (danielmargnov) | 3 comments I read some topics on the subject, but I still can't find solution. I'm trying to use a sidebar widget on my wp blog. My author id is happen to be the same as another user - so when I enter 17668903 her books appear. I tried with another id that i found - 50049573 , but the widget says that I have none currently reading books, which is not true. Can you please help me? I really want that widget.
Regards.

message 2: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn Woods (jaclyn_w) | 417 comments Hi Даниел. You're correct in that your user ID is 50049573. However, WordPress unfortunately doesn't support many of our widgets, due to issues with the way they handle JavaScript. I'm sorry about that!

I went ahead and removed that link from your post, as we don't permit linking to other user profiles in our official groups.

message 3: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Margnov (danielmargnov) | 3 comments Thank you fot that answer!
Now I am trying another widgets and now I get the following message - You must allow GoodReviews to display Goodreads.com links on your site in order to use this plugin. Please review the GoodReviews Settings page.
But I can't seem to find an option to allow that. Can you help me?
Regards

message 4: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn Woods (jaclyn_w) | 417 comments It sounds like you're using WordPress's own Goodreads widget. Unfortunately, as that widget was built by WordPress engineers and not Goodreads staff, we can't investigate or fix any problems with it. I'd suggest contacting WordPress support about the matter – I'm sorry I can't help you out with this further!

message 5: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Margnov (danielmargnov) | 3 comments Ok, thank you for the fast responces. Have a nice day!

message 6: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn Woods (jaclyn_w) | 417 comments You're welcome, and thanks! 😊