Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Threads > Reading Sprint #4 Hour 23

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GabsAboutBooks (last edited Jul 28, 2018 09:00AM) (new)

GabsAboutBooks Let's do 1 final reading sprint before the end of the readathon! After this reading sprint let us know how much you read during this event. Did you read more than you wanted or will you try and do better for the October readathon?

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 862 comments Good idea

message 3: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (igem36) I finished two very easy books (one from the Baby-sitters Club series and a small coffee-table type book of homemaking advice with nice pictures here and there). They were meant to be my "break books".

My original plan worked out badly. I wanted to read a book in Spanish, El sol de Texas/ Under the Texas Sun by Conrado Espinoza. Several years ago, when I first bought it, I discovered in the second chapter that having read Don Quixote would be essential to understanding it.

Silly me, I thought that reading the first "book" of Don Quixote (eight chapters, comprising a little less than one-eighth of the total) would be enough. It wasn't. I'll probably need to read around 3/4 of Don Quixote to understand all the allusions.

So that was very disappointing; and it stopped me in my tracks at 1:00 this morning. I'll have to figure out how to avoid unexpected delays like this during the limited time I can read on the weekend of October 20. Maybe I'll just read fun tbrs in my favorite genre -- and in English!

message 4: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 862 comments Just couldn't stay awake...so read about half an hour and called it a night....

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.