2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > JJ's 10 Books - Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (last edited Aug 16, 2018 07:44PM) (new)

Jessica | 4 comments My name is Jessica, but I go by JJ.

I was big into books up until I hit highschool, where I suddenly stopped reading outside of class assignments. Now that I have been out of school for several years, I want to get back into reading. Last year I set a goal to read 12 books, and read 0. So this year, I originally set a goal to read 5 books, and I am proud to say I have already read 5! I now plan to read at least 10 books by year-end.

6/10

1. Fahrenheit 451
2. THE SUBTLE ART OF NOT GIVING A FUCK
3. Relationships
4. How Proust Can Change Your Life
5. The Bell Jar
6. Intensity

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Doing great Jessica! Wishing you the best of luck with the remainder of your goal & happy reading!

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 4 comments I fell into a slump for a little bit there, struggling to pick up a book, but I think I am back on my feet. Definitely encouraged to end the year strong!

message 4: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Good to hear JJ! Which book will you be picking up?

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 4 comments Hi Susy, I've been dying to read A Brief History of Time, but hadn't gotten around to picking it up to read (even though I've owned the book for years). Well I nominated it in my other book club and it was picked for September, so I plan to use that as my motivation to read it!

message 6: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Jessica wrote: "Hi Susy, I've been dying to read A Brief History of Time, but hadn't gotten around to picking it up to read (even though I've owned the book for years). Well I nominated it in my other book club and it was picked for September, so I plan to use that as my motivation to read it! "

Sounds good!

message 7: by Jakob (new)

Jakob (4841) I also fell into a reading slump during and after high school. It actually wasn't until a friend of mine introduced me to goodreads that I started reading again, and the yearly reading challenge certainly helped. I've become so competitive with myself...

Also, being able to browse other people's reviews is fantastic. And seeing what your friend are up to, etc. etc.

Good luck with the last four books for your goal :)

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 4 comments Yeah something about that life change throws you off. Thank you Jakob and Susy!

Good luck to you as well!

message 9: by Blagica , Cheerleader! (new)

Blagica  | 11915 comments You are on your way to having a great year in books! Do you have a book you still can't wait to read?