Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Threads > Hour 7 Discussion

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GabsAboutBooks (new)

GabsAboutBooks Hello Readathoners! We have just entered hour 7 of the Readathon! Here it is currently 1am and I am definitely getting tired. I absolutely love coffee but this time of night it's too acidic for me so I go for tea instead. What is your choice of caffeine or energy drink/snack to have at such a late hour.

message 2: by Lamilla (new)

Lamilla | 123 comments I have just woken up (9 am here), so no need for the energy drinks as of the moment :) Wish you luck with staying awake, of course

message 3: by Cynda (new)

Cynda | 486 comments I am drinking weak sweet tea. Need the caffeine but not the jitters or bitters.

I think I am done for a few hours. Off to get a few hours of sleep. Nest of Luck all :-)

message 4: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 862 comments After 1 hour of reading at 6 am I went back to sleep. Now I've had my coffee, cheered on some fellow readers on Twitter and goodreads and now I'm all ready for my reading. Finally!

message 5: by Lynn (new)

Lynn What hour of the marathon are we currently on now? I am hopelessly lost lol It's been a long week haha

message 6: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 862 comments Dlyn wrote: "What hour of the marathon are we currently on now? I am hopelessly lost lol It's been a long week haha"

Hi Dlyn, I believe the 11th hour started 13 minutes ago.

Also check out http://www.24hourreadathon.com

message 7: by Elyse (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 1693 comments I slept from 12:30am EST to 5:30am EST. I don't like coffee (anymore) and we have no caffeinated soda. This morning I'm on my first cup of Yogi Positive Tangerine tea, it has a little bit of caffeine in it and it's SO GOOD! Iced chai tea will be on the docket later, it's going to be hot and humid and it also has a little bit of caffeine. I can definitely make it till 8pm EST but my goal is to make up the time I lost after the "end" of the RAT. I couldn't even stay up till 1am last night, I won't be able to do it tonight. lol

message 8: by GabsAboutBooks (new)

GabsAboutBooks Oh I love chai tea. It is one of my favorite drinks. That tangerine drink sounds so good! Good luck!

message 9: by Lamilla (new)

Lamilla | 123 comments I opted for mineral water myself. It's very hot out there

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.