Year-long NaNo discussion

Loretta Marchize > Secret Project

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Loretta (new)

Loretta Marchize (goodreadscomloretta_mz) | 59 comments So I can't tell anyone much about my newest writing project because I'm not sure how it will go. I'm also not using names because of that, although I may decide to down the road! (not using names isn't definite)
This is sorta a spin-off of something else I've written, so I didn't have to do any character work/world building in advance, which was nice!
I'll just put a small synopsis for today, and my word count. (can't do blurb because it would give away my secret!)
"You want the coronation in two months?” the queen asked.
“Yes,” ***** said, — nodding.
“I’m sure the staff can do that,” Queen Amanda said. “I assume it will be held in the chapel?”
“Of course,” — said. “Father’s was there.”
“And you want purple and red?”
“Is there an option?” ***** asked.
“Not really. You’ll need a seamstress to make a gown, and you- — – will need a new suit. Send a note to your tailor.”
“Let them figure it out, Amanda dear,”
All eyes turned to the king.

As you may have noticed, I left Queen Amanda's name in bc I don't think anyone will be able to figure it out with just her name.
Word count:
1,542 plus 3 handwritten pages and a book outline

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments Oh yeah! Can we have a backstory on this secret project, or would it reveal spoilers?

message 3: by Loretta (new)

Loretta Marchize (goodreadscomloretta_mz) | 59 comments Hannah Schuck wrote: "Oh yeah! Can we have a backstory on this secret project, or would it reveal spoilers?"

What sort of backstory? About the characters/story? I'll tell you what I can!

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments What the whole story is about / based on.... or what the main character is struggling with. Whatever makes the story, the story.

message 5: by Loretta (new)

Loretta Marchize (goodreadscomloretta_mz) | 59 comments Hannah Schuck wrote: "What the whole story is about / based on.... or what the main character is struggling with. Whatever makes the story, the story."

Well, the story is set in a medieval type land and the main characters have just become king and queen. (not Queen Amanda, she was the old queen) They were also recently married so they are figuring that out too(it's clean don't worry) (mostly it's the girl who is a strong personality and she has to figure out when to trust the guy and obey him.
And one of the characters also has someone out to kill them so.... that makes things interesting!

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments Oh okay! Sounds interesting! :)

message 7: by Loretta (new)

Loretta Marchize (goodreadscomloretta_mz) | 59 comments I have been writing, but I'm also busy packing for a trip I'll be taking, so I haven't updated here in a while.
Word count: five more notebook pages and a finished/semi-detailed outline (this is going to be one exciting book, guys!)
Snippet:
"You can't go into the village!"
"Why not?" ***** demanded.
"Because of the assassination attempt! Because someone is trying to kill you!" --- cried.
"So? I'll be fine! Send a group of guards with me!"
"It's called a platoon," Jay corrected. "And so far our mystery assassinator has proved he can outwit the guards!"
"I will not be on lockdown in my own house!" ***** cried.
--- ran his hand through his hair and reached for her hand, but she pulled away. "Yes you will," he said.

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina | 1745 comments Ohhh...... my sounds exciting alright!

message 9: by Loretta (new)

Loretta Marchize (goodreadscomloretta_mz) | 59 comments Hannah Schuck wrote: "Ohhh...... my sounds exciting alright!"

Thanks! I just got back from my trip, so I'll update after I write some more!