YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
This topic is about And I Darken
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > The Conqueror's Saga by Kiersten White - Starting August 2nd 2018

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ari (last edited Jul 27, 2018 08:14AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ari J Moreno (arituzz) | 316 comments No one expects a princess to be brutal. And Lada Dragwlya likes it that way. Ever since she and her gentle younger brother, Radu, were wrenched from their homeland of Wallachia and abandoned by their father to be raised in the Ottoman courts, Lada has known that being ruthless is the key to survival. She and Radu are doomed to act as pawns in a vicious game, an unseen sword hovering over their every move. For the lineage that makes them special also makes them targets.

Lada despises the Ottomans and bides her time, planning her vengeance for the day when she can return to Wallachia and claim her birthright. Radu longs only for a place where he feels safe. And when they meet Mehmed, the defiant and lonely son of the sultan, Radu feels that he’s made a true friend—and Lada wonders if she’s finally found someone worthy of her passion.

But Mehmed is heir to the very empire that Lada has sworn to fight against—and that Radu now considers home. Together, Lada, Radu, and Mehmed form a toxic triangle that strains the bonds of love and loyalty to the breaking point.

Nicole ✧ | 715 comments And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga #1) by Kiersten White
25% (view spoiler)

message 3: by Ari (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ari J Moreno (arituzz) | 316 comments Chapters 1 - 17: (view spoiler)

message 4: by Ari (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ari J Moreno (arituzz) | 316 comments Astrid wrote: "And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga #1) by Kiersten White
25% I'm liking this book even though it's only about Lada and Radu's childhood so far. I thought that it would be about the main characters as teenagers but they'..."

Yeah I feel the same

Nicole ✧ | 715 comments And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga #1) by Kiersten White
Chapter 30 - 50%
(view spoiler)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 479 comments I'll be jumping in for the second book either tomorrow or Monday!

Chapter 42 - 75%
(view spoiler)

100%
(view spoiler)

Nina Just read the first 2 in this series and am loving it so far! I just joined this group today, so I'm not entirely sure how these work but am I able to chat along with this and jump in on the buddy reading when you guys start the 3rd book?

message 10: by Ari (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ari J Moreno (arituzz) | 316 comments And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga #1) by Kiersten White
Chapters 18 - 26 (view spoiler)

message 11: by Ari (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ari J Moreno (arituzz) | 316 comments Nina wrote: "Just read the first 2 in this series and am loving it so far! I just joined this group today, so I'm not entirely sure how these work but am I able to chat along with this and jump in on the buddy ..."

Sure! Go ahead ^^
I might not be able to get to the 3rd book until the end of the month but y'all can read the books at your own pace :)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga #1) by Kiersten White
Up to chapter 10 (view spoiler)

Up to chapter 20 (view spoiler)

Up to chapter 30 (view spoiler)

Up to chapter 45 (view spoiler)

✨Skye✨ | 3161 comments Done! I loved this. (view spoiler)

message 17: by Ari (last edited Aug 16, 2018 12:56PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ari J Moreno (arituzz) | 316 comments And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga #1) by Kiersten White
Chapters 27 - 42: (view spoiler)

message 18: by Ari (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ari J Moreno (arituzz) | 316 comments ✨Skye✨ wrote: "And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga #1) by Kiersten White
Up to chapter 45 [spoilers removed]"

I love your ideal scenario!

message 19: by Nina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nina ✨Skye✨ wrote: "Done! I loved this. [spoilers removed]"

I loved that quote so much I made a shirt with it XD

End thoughts: (view spoiler)

message 20: by Ari (last edited Aug 19, 2018 03:16PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Finished (view spoiler)

message 21: by Ari (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ari J Moreno (arituzz) | 316 comments Nina wrote: "✨Skye✨ wrote: "Done! I loved this. [spoilers removed]"

I loved that quote so much I made a shirt with it XD

End thoughts: Radu really irritated me for most of the first book. I found him whiny a..."

Omg! I loved that quote too :)
And yeah I agree about the characters. (view spoiler)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 479 comments Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2) by Kiersten White
Up to Ch. 10 (view spoiler)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 479 comments Up to Ch 25 (view spoiler)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 479 comments Up to Ch 32 (view spoiler)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 479 comments Up to 45 (view spoiler)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 479 comments Finished (view spoiler)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 479 comments I will probably start Bright We Burn sometime next week, but what do you guys think of this story? It took some time for me to get into, but like now that I'm in, it's great.

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 479 comments Bright We Burn (The Conqueror's Saga, #3) by Kiersten White
Started this a lot later than expected, but better late than never!
Ch 1-10 (view spoiler)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 479 comments Ch 20-22 (view spoiler)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 479 comments Ch 40 (view spoiler)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) | 479 comments Finished (view spoiler)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.