Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > Sorry, covering a bit of ground here...

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (writeriz) | 66 comments Hi,

Sorry, I realised as I was going that I had a few questions/requests.

My book hasn't auto-added to its series (can't remember if it's supposed to even though it suggests it does?). Either way. So, I was wondering if someone could add dewitch to the series https://www.goodreads.com/series/2186..., please?

Also, could the series "the Danu Cycle" please be created and the book Gryffynhall added to it.

Also, as a slight aside, two other series-related questions:
1. I noticed that, under Related Series on the above series page, there is a distinction between primary works and total works - I was just wondering what the difference was and when I might/would use this? Has it got anything to do with series novellas (say book 1.5 of a series that would be part of the total and not the primary)? And, how might I go about adding one of those novellas to a series?
2. I also noticed that we can add a book to more than one series (or, I assume, ask for it to be added) - how does this work? I have an over-arching series called Austen Reimagined, and within that there will be sub-series - for example "P&P: 1". I was just wondering if I could use Multiple series to distinguish these two classifications? Or, is there another way of doing this?

Sorry if that's all convoluted!

TIA!!

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Jul 27, 2018 08:52AM) (new)

rivka | 43624 comments Mod
No book is ever auto-added to a series. It takes a Goodreads Librarian!

Non-counting numbers (0, 0.5, 2.5, 1.7, etc.) are non-primary series elements. They will show up on the actual series page, but not some other places.

Yes, multiple series on the same work can be used to handle subseries.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (writeriz) | 66 comments Great, thanks so much! When it didn't auto-add, I started to wonder if I'd got it wrong (thank God, for the Librarians :D ).

Sweet, thanks heaps for that - now I just need to work out how I'm going to divide them :)