SIA Showcase for Readers and Writers discussion

Services > Looking For Indie Authors

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Wooding (matthewwooding) | 8 comments Hi everyone,

I'm starting a YouTube channel September 2018 looking to promote indie authors. There is no charge (obviously) and all you would need is Skype so we can have a chat about your work. If you are interested, or know someone who would be in featuring contact me authorramblings@gmail.com introducing yourself.

I hope to hear from all of you!
Thanks

**post approved by Ann**

message 2: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Lightfoot (goodreadscomandrea17) | 2 comments Not sure if I have Skype on my personal laptop - I'll have a look
but yes, I'm interested

message 3: by Wanjiru (new)

Wanjiru Warama (wanjiruwarama) | 15 comments I would be interested. I've Skype but have never used it.

message 4: by Lynda (new)

Lynda Filler | 1 comments Sure I'd be interested
fillerspv@hotmail.com
I have Skype and have done interviews on it before. I live in Mexico so the only thing we'd have to do is co-ordinate times.
My books are listed here on Goodreads.
Thanks, Matthew

message 5: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Lightfoot (goodreadscomandrea17) | 2 comments I've got Skype on the laptop I use at work, but it's Skype for business (no surprises there).

message 6: by Tony (new)

Tony Duxbury | 5 comments That sounds interesting. Would it be an interview or just talking into the camera? I've tried talking into the camera, but I get very nervous when I know there's nobody on the other end. For me, it's different when I can see and talk direct to a person on the screen.

Tony

message 7: by Dwayne, That's Dr. Cannibal To You (new)

Dwayne Fry | 560 comments Mod
Another reminder that this is a public forum and your email addresses can be seen by anyone, even people not members of this group and spambots and such.

message 8: by Ian (new)

Ian Miller | 1 comments I would be interested. I live in NZ, if that is a time issue. My Goodreads profile will give some clues as to who I am.

message 9: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Wooding (matthewwooding) | 8 comments Tony wrote: "That sounds interesting. Would it be an interview or just talking into the camera? I've tried talking into the camera, but I get very nervous when I know there's nobody on the other end. For me, it..."

We'd be talking over Skype.

message 10: by Wanjiru (new)

Wanjiru Warama (wanjiruwarama) | 15 comments I have skype but I would need some pointers because I've never used it. I cover the camera with the tape like I saw Mark Z of FB do on his laptop.

message 11: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Wooding (matthewwooding) | 8 comments Wanjiru wrote: "I have skype but I would need some pointers because I've never used it. I cover the camera with the tape like I saw Mark Z of FB do on his laptop."

Hi Wanjiru,
I have sent you a private message, however you would need to remove the tape from your webcam for our chat. If your not comfortable with that no worries but I'd have to take a pass.

message 12: by Armineh (new)

Armineh Helen (ahohanian) | 1 comments That sounds great. How long will this program be going on? I am going for my fourth back surgery on Thursday the 2nd of August. If this is an ongoing project, then I might be able to apply once I am a bit better.

message 13: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Wooding (matthewwooding) | 8 comments Armineh wrote: "That sounds great. How long will this program be going on? I am going for my fourth back surgery on Thursday the 2nd of August. If this is an ongoing project, then I might be able to apply once I a..."

Hopefully long-term so long as I have authors willing and wanting to take part. Hope your operation and recovery goes well.

message 14: by William (new)

William Tracy | 96 comments Hi Matthew! Are you planning to do a segment on the SPFBO (Self-Published Fantasy Blog-Off)?

The contest starts on August 1st, and there will be 300 Indie Author entries to consider!

message 15: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Wooding (matthewwooding) | 8 comments William wrote: "Hi Matthew! Are you planning to do a segment on the SPFBO (Self-Published Fantasy Blog-Off)?

The contest starts on August 1st, and there will be 300 Indie Author entries to consider!"

I'd be happy to if anyone involved wants to get in contact me and we can see what can be done.

message 16: by William (new)

William Tracy | 96 comments I have one in, and I think Ashley Capes does too.

message 17: by Angela (new)

Angela Joseph | 39 comments Hi Matthew,

Thanks for doing this. I'm interested, if you have any spots left.

message 18: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Wooding (matthewwooding) | 8 comments Angela wrote: "Hi Matthew,

Thanks for doing this. I'm interested, if you have any spots left."

Hi Angela,
I'd be happy to have you on. Please send me an email authorramblings@gmail.com introducing yourself and I'll be in contact via email.

message 19: by Vern (new)

Vern | 2 comments Hi Matthew, I don't know if I have Skype or not but I'm definitely interested. I am the Author of two books,
'Boy Shielder' and 'Boy Shielder EARTH'

message 20: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Wooding (matthewwooding) | 8 comments Vern wrote: "Hi Matthew, I don't know if I have Skype or not but I'm definitely interested. I am the Author of two books,
'Boy Shielder' and 'Boy Shielder EARTH'"

Hi Vern,
If you send me an email authorramblings@gmail.com and we can go from there.

Thanks.

message 21: by Dwayne, That's Dr. Cannibal To You (new)

Dwayne Fry | 560 comments Mod
Copied and pasted from comment 7:

Another reminder that this is a public forum and your email addresses can be seen by anyone, even people not members of this group and spambots and such.

message 22: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Wooding (matthewwooding) | 8 comments Dwayne wrote: "Copied and pasted from comment 7:

Another reminder that this is a public forum and your email addresses can be seen by anyone, even people not members of this group and spambots and such."

Thanks mate. This email was setup specifically for the YouTube channel and is my only way to communicate with people, so if I get some spam or whatnot I'll have to take it on the chin.

message 23: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 92 comments I'm five months late to the party but I hope your still doing this. I'd definitely be interested.