Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive - General > Introduction to Cozy Corner

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny (last edited Jul 31, 2018 11:07PM) (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) description

Hi, my name is Jenny, and I am one of the moderators for this group and I going to be looking after Cozy Mysteries. Please contact me directly or place your nominations for September Cozy Mysteries here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Sorry, I was too late to allow members nominations for Cozy Mysteries for August. So August is Moderator's Pick,

A Pie to Die for (Bakery Detectives #1) by Stacey Alabaster
A Pie to Die for by Stacey Alabaster

I hope you all enjoy reading it.

All nominations must follow the guidelines for this group.

Happy Reading Jenny

message 2: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new)

Icewineanne | 654 comments Mod
Hi Jenny,
Sounds like a good theme. When will you announce the book for August?

message 3: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 15 comments Icewineanne wrote: "Hi Jenny,
Sounds like a good theme. When will you announce the book for August?"

The group read was announced here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

I am looking forward to it. It will be my first discussion in this group I am joining in :)

message 4: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Icewineanne wrote: "Hi Jenny,

Sorry, Icewineanne I was too slow to organise nomination for August. August is Moderators pick - A Pie to Die for

I set up a thread for members to add suggestions for September.

message 5: by Jenny (last edited Jul 29, 2018 01:17AM) (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Dlyn wrote: "Icewineanne wrote: "Hi Jenny,

The group read was announced here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

I..."

I am looking forward to discussing Cozy mysteries books with you Dlyn. Please contact me directly or add your Cozy Mysteries suggestions for September https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 6: by Icewineanne, Moderator (last edited Jul 29, 2018 09:54AM) (new)

Sorry Jenny, unfortunately I can’t participate this time as my library doesn’t have regular copies or ebooks available.
Enjoy & I’ll join you all for a future discussion.

message 7: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (nesshawk) | 26 comments Excited that the Cozy Corner has been created! Only 99 cents for the Kindle version on Amazon right now!

message 8: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Icewineanne wrote: "Sorry Jenny, unfortunately I can’t participate this time as my library doesn’t have regular copies or ebooks available.
Enjoy & I’ll join you all for a future discussion."

Sorry, Gem. I thought been published in 2016 it would be more readily available.

message 10: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new)

Thanks for the info Jenny. I prefer to read paperbacks as the backlighting from Kindle is too harsh for my eyes. Unfortunately the amazon copy here is $10.24 + shipping. Thinking that there are probably too many cozy series for the library to stock them all 😕

message 11: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Icewineanne wrote: "Thanks for the info Jenny. I prefer to read paperbacks as the backlighting from Kindle is too harsh for my eyes. Unfortunately the amazon copy here is $10.24 + shipping. Thinking that there are pro..."

No worries, Icewineanne.

If you like to participate in the monthly Cozy reads - you can add a title that is found in your library Here or sent me PM with titles you would like to read.

message 12: by Jenny (last edited Jul 30, 2018 07:39AM) (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) No Worries, Icewineanne.

Remember you can PM with suggestions from your library collection or place your nominations - Here

message 13: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  | 1270 comments Mod
Jenny wrote: "Icewineanne wrote: "Sorry Jenny, unfortunately I can’t participate this time as my library doesn’t have regular copies or ebooks available.
Enjoy & I’ll join you all for a future discussion."

Sorr..."

No worries. I'm guessing I'm in the same situation as Icewineanne where the library stocks a lot of them but not all of them. Since we are going to do this on a regular basis, I'll participate when I can get the books. I'm not in the position to be buying books right now, we don't have a place to store them, lol.

message 14: by Jenny (last edited Jul 31, 2018 05:06AM) (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) To help members who only use their public libraries for Cozy Mysteries. I have set up a CHAT thread for you to discuss the books you are reading with others.

message 15: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) I am no longer a Moderator for Cozy. Vanessa will take over from me. Please welcome her to the wonderful world of Cozy Mysteries.

message 16: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  | 1270 comments Mod
Welcome Vanessa!

message 17: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (nesshawk) | 26 comments Thanks, Jenny and Gem! Looking forward to leading the Cozy Corner!

message 18: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new)

Welcome Vanessa. Looking forward to reading a few cozies with you this summer 😊

message 19: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (nesshawk) | 26 comments Thanks, icewineanne! Looking forward to it as well!

˜”*°•.˜”*°• Sheri  •°*”˜.•°*”˜ | 1479 comments Mod
Hi Vanessa. I recently found out that I like cozies.

message 21: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (nesshawk) | 26 comments Hi Sheri! While always a mystery and Agatha fan, I really got into cozies just last year... I was totally thrown off kilter by a way disturbing book that I DNF and I needed something warm and cozy afterwards... and I discovered my new love!

message 22: by Maureen (new)

Maureen | 194 comments Hi Vanessa, I'm into cozies as well. Although I don't have a cat at the moment, I really like the cat ones - Lilian Jackson Braun and Shirley Rousseau Murphy Joe Grey mysteries are my favourites.

message 23: by Vanessa (last edited Jul 21, 2019 11:37AM) (new)

Vanessa (nesshawk) | 26 comments Hi Maureen! I don't have a cat either but I do enjoy The Cat Who... Series as well. I just read my first Joe Grey; I wasn't sure how I would feel about the talking cat element, but I enjoyed it!

message 24: by Maureen (new)

Maureen | 194 comments Hi again Vanessa,
I love Joe Grey as he's a cat with real attitude. I'm listening to Cat Raise the Dead at the moment on Audible audio books. Susan Boyce is an excellent actress/reader - she also does a good job with the Monica Ferris Needlecraft mystery series.

message 25: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1847 comments WELCOME EVERYONE!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.