Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > Wicked the life and times of the Wicked witch of the west.by Gregory Maguire 4 Stars

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robin (last edited Jul 26, 2018 08:11AM) (new)

Robin A I never read the wizard of oz book but of course watched the movie. I had always know the witch to be wicked. However in this book I actually liked her and felt sorry for her. It was a whole new out look on the story.

message 2: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7875 comments Robin wrote: "I never read the wizard of oz book but of course watched the movie. I had always know the witch to be wicked. However in this book I actually liked her and felt sorry for her. It was a whole knew o..."

I never read this, but I did see the play and enjoyed it very much!

message 3: by Jess (new)

Jess Penhallow | 53 comments Joanne wrote: "Robin wrote: "I never read the wizard of oz book but of course watched the movie. I had always know the witch to be wicked. However in this book I actually liked her and felt sorry for her. It was ..."

The book is very different from the play. I love the play but they definitely sanatised the raunchier parts of the story and made it easier to follow

message 4: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3822 comments Jess wrote: "The book is very different from the play. I love the play but they definitely sanatised the raunchier parts of the story and made it easier to follow."

100% Agree. The musical is SO MUCH FUN- but definitely left out the political, the R-rated, and the taboo.

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8858 comments This has been on my TBR for forever. I’m a big fan of the musical. Just waiting for the right tag to finally start it.

message 6: by Colleen (new)

Colleen He is such a good author - and the production is magnificent. I've meant to continue the series, and of course, read more of his other books - I guess I need to start....

Has anyone read more by him?

message 7: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tstan) | 1208 comments Colleen wrote: "He is such a good author - and the production is magnificent. I've meant to continue the series, and of course, read more of his other books - I guess I need to start....

Has anyone read more by him?"

I’ve read his Wicked Quartet, and a few others: Mirror, Mirror, and Lost. The Wicked books are my favorites. The others were okay, but not mind-blowing.