The Great American Read discussion

Old Posts 2018 > Facilitators needed for Sirens of Titan and Siddartha

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by NancyJ, Moderator (last edited Jul 25, 2018 07:50PM) (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 1835 comments Mod
Who would like to facilitate one of our August group short bonus reads? Sirens of Titan and Siddartha. Tammy and Karen are doing a great job with Owen Mean and Lonesome Dove, respectively. If you've already read the books, please be sure to make some comments early on to start us off.

J.? Linda? Anyone else?

If you've already read one of these short books.. do you think a spoiler thread is necessary?

Linda Abhors the New GR Design | 915 comments I haven't read either one yet, and will try to do Siddhartha with the group (might have family coming in August, but not sure of dates yet). I have no background whatsoever on the text, just one of those that I've never read, and probably should.

I wouldn't want to read a spoiler thread if I haven't finished it yet. Again, a way around it might be to divide it into two or three parts, and have people post to those sections when they've finished that part-that way, we can avoid having a spoiler vs non-spoiler thread. And people could try to post their spoiler comments to the part being discussed that week. Just a thought.

message 3: by J., Your Obedient Servant (new)

J. (jammons42) | 510 comments Mod
NancyJ wrote: "Who would like to facilitate one of our August group short bonus reads? Sirens of Titan and Siddartha. Tammy and Karen are doing a great job with Owen Mean and Lonesome Dove, respectively. If you'v..."

I can do either one! If someone else had a preference, I can take the other one. I've finished them both this summer.

As for spoilers, they're both pretty short. I would probably do one for Sirens, but not Siddhartha.

message 4: by NancyJ, Moderator (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 1835 comments Mod
J. wrote: .."

Thanks J. That's great.