Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

A Hodge Podge Folder > To The Person Below Me

Comments Showing 1-50 of 95 (95 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2317 comments An easy game, borrowing this from one of my groups.

I will start with a random question that must be answered by next member to comment who in turn will ask a question to next member.

First member - TTPBM (to the person below me) - your favorite animation movie?
Second member - Up
TTPBM - last book to movie adaptation you watched?
Third Member - Fellowship of the Ring

And so on..

My Question - Do you like to dance?

message 2: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Margret | 3170 comments Mod
Yes! Yes I do! I was in fact in a ME Dance (aka belly dance) troupe for a couple years, and we performed in Toronto at a dance conference!

TTPBM- what makes you unique?

message 3: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
Answer: No, I hate it.

Question: When you read the title of this thread did your mind instantly think of dirty connotations?

message 4: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Margret wrote: "Yes! Yes I do! I was in fact in a ME Dance (aka belly dance) troupe for a couple years, and we performed in Toronto at a dance conference!

TTPBM- what makes you unique?"

Answer: I don't think there's an answer where other people don't possess those qualities. It's more my own personal blend of sarcasm.

Question: When you read the title of this thread did your mind instantly think of dirty connotations?

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2317 comments 😂
No

TTPBM - your favorite actor?

message 6: by Virginie (last edited Jul 25, 2018 08:29AM) (new)

Virginie | 5795 comments Scott wrote: "Question: When you read the title of this thread did your mind instantly think of dirty connotations?"

Of course I did! Like a good Fluffer should :p

Question: What weird food combinations do you really enjoy?

EDIT: this thread is going too fast for me :o

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2317 comments No weird food combo for me. When it comes to food, I stick to traditional.

TTPBM - favorite actor?

message 8: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14879 comments Virginie wrote: "Scott wrote: "Question: When you read the title of this thread did your mind instantly think of dirty connotations?"

Of course I did! Like a good Fluffer should :p

Question: What weird food combi..."

I'm a real food mixer/sandwicher... lately I've been breaking from my ulcer diet more and more... latest concoction of more and more ingredients mixed together was:

Mashed Potatos (real potatoes + butter + sour cream)
Diced broccoli + corn + peas + country gravy
chopped up boiled chicken in broth (drained)
shredded cheese + barbeque sauce (sweet baby ray's)

Made 6 servings and ate for 3 days (have tons more boiled chicken in the freezer)

TTPBM: Genre you won't read/watch?

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2317 comments Non-fiction/documentaries

TTPBM - do you have a pet?

message 10: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14879 comments Nope... I was burnt out on pets as a kid... I was allergic to cats and my family kept collecting them, and they also had a bunch of dogs and left me to feed/water/walk them... they weren't even MY pets... by the time I left for college, lizards were the go-to pet...

TTPBM -- If you don't have a pet, do you WISH you had a pet? If you do, do you wish you had more? Something exotic?

message 11: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

I have a cat and two dogs (catahoula and Chesapeake)

TTPBM- do you like blue cheese? Mmmmm

message 12: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14879 comments Margret wrote: "I have a cat and two dogs (catahoula and Chesapeake)

TTPBM- do you like blue cheese? Mmmmm"

NOPE... I'm not a fan of anything except shredded cheese (Monterey Jack and Colby for the most part)

Repeating my TTPBM -- If you don't have a pet, do you WISH you had a pet? If you do, do you wish you had more? Something exotic?

message 13: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

I wish I had chickens again.

TTPBM- which fictional land would you live in?

message 14: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14879 comments Margret wrote: "I wish I had chickens again.

TTPBM- which fictional land would you live in?"

Are you a rich person?... I just saw a thing about how all the rage in Silicon Valley is designer chicken coops for your pet chickens... and then gifting your friends various color eggs... this one chicken coop had glazed windows like a mansion...

Anyway... dirty answer?: Terre d'Ange (Kushiel's Legacy)

TTPBM -- if you could have a talking pet/animal, what would it be?

message 15: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2317 comments Dog

TTPBM - do you have a tattoo?

message 16: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14879 comments This thread kinda feels like an obscure first date questionnaire...

message 17: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2317 comments Iain wrote: "This thread kinda feels like an obscure first date questionnaire..."

And you will put a talking animal question in your questionnaire? 🤔

message 18: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

@Iain nope, I’m a well off middle-class person due to the settlement of my car accident and life insurance from my dad. We had chickens growing up, where I lived in a rural setting.

message 19: by Lena (new)

Lena I love that we are clsssifying the answers as dirty or not!

message 20: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14879 comments Manju wrote: "Iain wrote: "This thread kinda feels like an obscure first date questionnaire..."

And you will put a talking animal question in your questionnaire? 🤔"

That's why I said obscure... but for the most part, we're asking about food habits and pets and books/movies/hobbies you like...

message 21: by Lena (last edited Jul 25, 2018 10:17AM) (new)

Lena Answer: the fantasy place I’d love to live would be as an Angel in Guild Hunter

Question: if cannibalism kept you young would you do it?

Hah! Not a date question.

message 23: by Lena (new)

Lena I’ll take that as a yes, obviously.

message 24: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14879 comments I just remember reading that in English class.. I'll leave it for others to answer...

message 25: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7025 comments Mod
This is turning into an FBR pancake!

message 26: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14879 comments What's that?

I do find that most of these games have people that like to play them more, for an hour or 3, then go dormant for awhile...

message 27: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

It's where we're literally laying atop one another in a tall pancake stack.

message 28: by Lena (new)

Lena A lovely place to be.

Question: if you died and woke up in a Stephen King novel, which would you choose?

message 29: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (last edited Jul 25, 2018 11:48AM) (new)

Answer: one where I didn't die again.

Question: how many woodchucks can you chuck?

message 30: by Anni (last edited Jul 25, 2018 12:29PM) (new)

Anni | 5020 comments I'm not sure what this means, is it a inside joke or a workout like pushups? I'm all confused!
But I think I will be optimistic and say 7, if it's not raining!

Question: What was the best thing that happened to you today? :)

message 31: by Siobhan (last edited Jul 25, 2018 12:27PM) (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7579 comments My boyfriend went to the shop and bought me a Kinder Bueno chocolate bar ❤️

TTPBM - What's your favourite place you've visited?

message 32: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Haha Anni I love your answer. It's a US tongue twister "how much wood can a wood chuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?" I think it goes on from there but that's all I know.

message 33: by Bea (new)

Bea | 2052 comments Siobhan wrote: "My boyfriend went to the shop and bought me a Kinder Bueno chocolate bar ❤️

TTPBM - What's your favourite place you've visited?"

Ireland!

And I love Kinder Bueno!

TTPBM: If you could choose to have one magical ability, which one would it be?

message 34: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5020 comments Niki Hawkes wrote: "Haha Anni I love your answer. It's a US tongue twister "how much wood can a wood chuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?" I think it goes on from there but that's all I know."

Haha that makes sense! I actually googled it and found a lot of pictures with woodchucks and this sentemce but it haven't occurred to me that it could be a tongue twister :D

message 35: by Anni (new)

Anni | 5020 comments Bea wrote: "TTPBM: If you could choose to have one magical ability, which one would it be?
"

Interfering time and make it go slower or faster :)

Question: What's your favourite season?

message 36: by Ahdam (new)

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2409 comments I’ve never been one for seasons really but if I had to choose probably winter I like a bit of snow and wrapping up warm

This feels more like a bad truth or dare game 😂😂😂

TTPBM: what is the cringiest thing you ever did in your life?

(I feed on cringe) 😈😈😈😈

message 37: by Lena (new)

Lena I use to go to the corporations gym in the morning, then change, then go to work. I packed in the dark apparently because I did not pack pants, I packed my boyfriends underwear. I have no idea how this happened but I endured an hour of work, and a long crowded walk to the company clothing store, in what were obviously men’s undershorts, a nice dress shirt, and heels.

Question: what was something social you had to learn the hard way?

message 38: by Ahdam (new)

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2409 comments Ooh can’t imagine how that must have felt 😨😨😨

message 39: by Ahdam (new)

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2409 comments I had to learn about the difference between love and lust as well as the reality of true love

my first crush was really strong so strong I told everyone about it which was a bad idea as they were friends with her and I inconvenienced her day which made me feel awful especially when I was rejected in text especially when I would see her again for awhile and I felt horrible by what I did that it took me 2 years to get over it

Then I learned I didn’t like her for her personality but for her looks and I’ve essentially been brought down to Earth into reality which was much worse with my low self esteem sooo yeah

What’s your favourite video game?

message 40: by Lena (new)

Lena Close to that nightmare where you’re naked in public for no good reason.

message 41: by Narilka (new)

Narilka | 2476 comments Ahdam wrote: "What’s your favourite video game?"

Currently the Witcher 3. Most fun I've had playing a game in years.

TTPBM: Cake or pie? And what kind?

message 42: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Narilka wrote: "TTPBM: Cake or pie? And what kind?"

Pie but it's different by the season. Summer key lime pie, fall a pecan pumpkin pie, winter an apple-blueberry crisp ala mode, and in the spring a strawberry rhubarb. Did I mention I like pie?

TTPBM: Geek, dweeb or spaz? In the traditional game which one were you in High School.

message 43: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2317 comments i will put myself in the middle of dweeb and spaz.

ttpbm - a book that you would recommend to a person whom you don't like?

message 44: by Lena (new)

Lena You should read Final Girls, it was worth all the buzz!

Question: what’s the most overrated book you’ve read?

message 45: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2317 comments Name of the Wind

ttpbm - given the choice which sportstar you would like to be in your next life?

message 46: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14879 comments Anni wrote: "Niki Hawkes wrote: "Haha Anni I love your answer. It's a US tongue twister "how much wood can a wood chuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?" I think it goes on from there but that's all I kno..."

She sells seashells down by the sea shore. How many can you sell?

Manju wrote: "Name of the Wind

ttpbm - given the choice which sportstar you would like to be in your next life?"

Is picking an e-sport cheating?... That's totally a thing now... you can be on a professional WoW Arena team or Starcraft 2/3 or League of Legends... so many to choose from... with big cash prizes...

TTPBM: What's your best underrated book you've read that nobody else seems to know about?

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Iain wrote: "Anni wrote: "Niki Hawkes wrote: "Haha Anni I love your answer. It's a US tongue twister "how much wood can a wood chuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?" I think it goes on from there but tha..."

Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen It's a twist on Robin Hood

Ttpbm: What's your dream job?

message 48: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Oooh I liked scarlet!

message 49: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Professional book reviewer.

Ttpbm:

What's your favorite dragon book? ;)

message 50: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Manju wrote: "Name of the Wind"

Amen.

« previous 1