Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > Looking for a CP for a 70K thriller

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Richard (new)

Richard Brady | 2 comments Hi,

I'm looking for a critique partner for a 70K thriller based in modern-day Paris. I have a third draft, and I'd be grateful if another writer looked at it before I sent it out.

Ideally, I'm looking for another thriller/mystery writer, but I can look at other genres (except romance, as I don't have that much experience in it).

I can swap the first 3 chapters, and we can go from there.

Thanks,

R

About the novel:

'State of Emergency' is a thriller based in modern-day Paris.

Alice's job is to help British nationals in distress, but how far will she go to help a suspected terrorist?

message 2: by Jay (new)

Jay Penner (jaypenner) | 20 comments Richard,

Would you be interested in a partial or full beta read of my book? It is a thriller/mystery but it is a historical thriller (not contemporary).

About the novel
'The Second Atlantis' - Should Deon find the mythical city to save his family if it means risking the lives of untold millions?

There's more in jaypenner.com should you want to decide what to do.

I'm open to trying the first couple of chapters and deciding if either should move forward, no hard feelings. Please let me know or drop a note to jp@jaypenner.com and we'll take it from there.

message 3: by Craig (new)

Craig T | 22 comments Hi Richard - I would be interested in taking a look at your novel. Maybe you could send me the opening and see if my feedback is useful?
CT

message 4: by Kirk (new)

Kirk | 126 comments Hi Richard (and everyone else).

I’m currently looking for beta readers for my completed manuscript and I came across your post. If you're still open to new readers, then I would be interested in a swap if you are. My story is a sci-fi thriller with a noir edge, currently sitting at around 100,000 words. Here is a (very) rough blurb:

In the not-to-distant future, privacy is a thing of the past. Our lives are monitored and recorded by implants and watched by an all-seeing eye—a government agency called NEXUS.
While some fear the Network, others have found a way to use it to their advantage; one of these people is Nasir Khan. Khan is a private investigator and hacker, and he’ll break into the Network and the feeds direct from people’s implants, for a price.
He’s used to trouble. Everyday he deals with clients looking for missing wives, stolen money, a cheating husband. But when a client calling themselves only “Anonymous” contacts him, things get interesting.
What starts off as just another job soon becomes a murder coverup involving a former government bigwig, mysterious hit men, and a former politician who could be a damsel in distress and could be a femme fatale. And the worst part is, they all have some unknown link to NEXUS.
The question isn’t can Khan use his wits to solve the case, but does he have what it takes to survive.

If that sounds interesting to you, please get in touch with a direct message.

For anyone else reading this, I'm also available to be a critique partner or beta swapper. So if anyone else sees this and is interested then feel free to get in touch. I’m interested in most genres. My favourites are sci-fi, fantasy, and horror. The only genres I don’t feel I can give accurate feedback on are romance stories, erotica, and historical fiction, as I’m not a big reader of any of these. Although fiction with a historical backdrop where historical accuracy isn’t paramount, I can provide feedback on, no problem.

Thanks everyone. I hope to hear from you soon.

Warm regards,

Kirk.